chapter 21

a funeral.

one of the hardest ceremonies for a person to attend in their entire life- except of course if the person you're deeply in love with invited you to their wedding ceremony, and it just so happened that you weren't the person they were marrying.

i know what you're thinking... "but they didn't know each other that long". truth is, love is love - you can't control it. when you love someone, you're too afraid to let go...

ha! just kidding guys- i could never let the story end that way! please don't hate me for that just really felt like doing that to you all.

it actually went a bit more like....

there was an awkward silence, soon broken by euphemia, who was walking towards the kitchen.

everyone's heads dart to look up at her. she looks around at them all, smiling calmly.

"he lost a lot of blood and those gashes- they weren't easy to fix, but he's going to be okay. he just needs some rest" she says, keeping eyecontact with sirius the whole time.

sirius jumps up and runs over, colliding with her in a huge hug.

"thank you. thank you so much." sirius says sighing out, relieved that his moony was going to be okay.

"i know sirius, i know. i'd do anything to help the one i love too," she says with a smile as he looks down at her.

"can i-"

"you can. he's not awake but he will be, hopefully soon. you can go see him"

sirius grins and quickly rushes past her, and runs up the stairs. he makes his way into the bedroom and shuts the door behind him as he kneels down besides remus again.

the gashes were covered up with a healing cloth now, and remus lay peacefully on his front, on sirius' bed. sirius pushes a peace of hair from remus' face, as he kicks off his shoes quietly and climbed into bed. he carefully laid himself down next to remus, keeping his eyes on that beautiful face of his the entire time.

he couldn't help himself. he couldn't help but just admire how beautiul remus was. of course that wasn't the only thing that sirius loved about remus.

if he listed all of the things he could go on for days, but to sum it up, he loved every single part of remus. he really did. he wasn't just saying that, he meant it and his heart knew that he meant it.

sirius lets out a content sigh and plants a small kiss on remus' cheek.

"god moony... i thought we almost lost you there love." sirius lets out a sigh and pushes his own hair back into a messy bun.

"i think that's the most scared i've ever been..." he whispers "because- i uh- i just really care about you love. more than i've ever cared about anyone, crazy right?"

even though sirius knew remus was asleep, he felt at peace telling him this now.

"just- god moony ever since the day we met, i've been so crazy about you." he laughs quietly "when your clumsy ass ran into me at the petrol station. but that wasn't when i knew i was going to fall in love"

sirius smiles "it was when you got breakfast with me to pay me back for spilling my drink." he says jokingly, causing himself to laugh, still quietly.

"im kidding." he sighs "the actual moment i knew i was falling for knew and knew i was going to fall in love with you, was when you took me to your favourite place... remember that moony? ontop of the car park, overlooking the city."

sirius smiles and kisses remus' cheek again "god i fell so hard... because moony- im-"

sirius pauses, closing his eyes and whispers even quieter, but still audiable.

"because i'm in love with you."

he holds his eyes shut but immediately opens them when he feels a pair of lips press against his.

he watches as remus slowly pulls away, opening his eyes.

"and i love you too sirius"

AN// there will be one, maybe two more chapters after this one probably a little more short depending on how much i want to write for them. the next one will probably include a little bit of light smut - of course including a TW, so if you do not like smut or you're a minor, i ask that you do skip to the final chapter, or read at your own risk seeing as i have warned you. and then the final chapter will probably be on how their lives are going a few years later!
i was actually asked in my dms by a reader what ages the characters were in my story. in this story, currently i imagine them to be of the following ages:
lily: 18
remus: 18
sirius: 19
peter: 18
james: 18

obviously this may not be accurate to how you'd picture it in the story - but for legal reasons (*cough cough* drinking at a bar) they're these ages and graduated school at these ages too.
so guysss stay tuned for the next two chapters of this story before it's all finished :(. i really enjoyed writing this story - lowkey sad it's coming to an end, but my new story will be out, as soon as i'm finished with this one! i hope some of you will stick around to read it because it's going to be another good one that i think you'll like! i know i say this a lot, but i'm so so so thankful for all this support! ily all, stay safe and look after yourselves.
- oli <3