chapter 4

Remus looks back at sirius to see him drop a bag. he picks the bag up and sirius looks to him.

"it's okay throw it back on the pile" he says with a warm smile and remus motions him to carry on walking.

"i got it, i'll show you to one of the empty rooms" remus says jogging slightly up the stairs in the hopes to find lily on his way.

he got to the top of the stairs noticing the only empty room left was the one next to his. he let out a sigh and drops the bag on the bed.

"thank you" sirius says whilst dropping the rest of his bags onto the bed.

Remus smiles slightly at him before walking back out the room, followed by sirius who was trying to find james to give him his remaining bags.

they walk to the other side of the hallway to see lily and james arguing about who's going to be cooking dinner tonight. remus raises his eyebrows and sirius's eyes look back and forth between them from how quick they were bickering.

Remus clears his throat softly which causes silence to fall between them. he looks at lily who instantly gets nervous fiddling with her fingers. remus holds out his hand flat and leans against the wall. lily sighs and shakes her head, earning another look from remus.

"Rem-" she says under a whisper.

she finally gives in with one final look from remus, putting her hand into her pocket and pulling out his pack of cigarettes. sirius watches closely as she throws the pack to him. he catches them and holds his hand out still.

"and the other" remus tilts his head as lily throws him his lighter.

"thanks lil, you absolute ray of sunshine" he says with a sarcastic tone to his voice as her face looked like she was about to explode.

Remus walks over to his room, shutting the door behind him as peter walks back up the stairs.

"i'm sorry i don't know what's gotten into him" lily laughs nervously mainly looking to sirius.

both james and sirius shrug.

"it's fine he's not doing anything bad towards us" sirius adds as peter leaves remus's phone outside of his bedroom door, earning a strange look from lily.

"he wouldn't take it back" peter shrugs before wandering over to his own room.

Remus stood on his balcony. he didn't want to seem rude he just really didn't want to talk to the one person who left him 10 calls. believe it or not but remus too has been through a lot in his life and this one thing was a big trigger to him.

he lit up a cigarette leaning on the bar inhaling it deep into his lungs. he didn't want to talk to her let alone ever see her again. he thinks back to the look sirius gave him when he was asking for his cigarettes back. something about sirius intrigued him into wanting to know more. but why? trust me that question has gone through remus' mind over a million times. i mean he's only just met him.

remus sighs and puts out his cigarette before shutting the balcony doors, hearing a small knock coming from the door behind him. he walks over and opens it to see remus stood there.

"hey rem! lily said food is almost ready" peter mumbles and remus sighs before putting on a smile. he picks up his phone and holds his arm around peter as they walk downstairs to the kitchen.

peter coughs slightly "blimey rem you stink of tobacco" he says with a laugh and remus shakes his head laughing as he walks to the table.

he watches as sirius pushes his phone into his back pocket before turning to lily who had a smirk on her face. he rolls his eyes and sits himself down next to sirius, peter on his other side.

"there's my little ray of sunshine" lily says hugging remus from behind around his neck mocking him from earlier.

she quietly inhales and shakes her head "you stink" she says and he puts his phone down on the table rolling his eyes.

"don't complain lil" remus replies seeing sirius look up at him.

"feeling better wolfboy?" he asks and remus raises his eyebrows.

"still confused by the nickname" remus says as lily and james start putting food on the table.

sirius reaches slightly to his neck and picks up Remus's necklace. it had a wolf silhouette on it. remus looks to his hand and blushes ever so slightly before looking up at sirius who was staring at the necklace before clearing his throat and looking to the food.

"it looks amazing guys" sirius says with a cheerful smile.

lily and james sit down as everyone dishes up some food. remus was quite peckish so put an unusual amount for him on his plate.

peter nudges him as his phone lights up rapidly. Remus turns to it, seeing lily and sirius turn to look at it too. sirius let's out a breath.

"that your girlfriend or something-" sirius begins, his voice low as if something was wrong but is cut off from lily choking on the water she was drinking.

she hysterically laughs and remus raises his eyebrows, causing a confused look on James's face.

"uhm what's with the laugh" james says as lily calms down.

"you- you really think remus is straight?" lily says laughing causing remus to blush brightly and push around his food on his plate.

james laughs and looks at sirius "see no need to worry buddy" james winks causing sirius to quickly change the subject.

"well whoever it is, she seems obsessed" sirius raises his eyebrows his voice loosening up a bit.

remus nods and picks up his phone turning it off completely. lily looks over at him and tilts her head mouthing 'is it her' and remus nods before putting on a smile and going back to eating the little amount he put on his plate.

they all soon finish their food and seeing as they'd had a busy day they all went to sleep early.

remus couldn't sleep. the time was now 11:30 pm. he was laying in bed avoiding the flashing light of his phone completely, just staring at the ceiling tapping his leg.

he slowly gets up, taking a quiet walk downstairs, reaching into the cupboard to get a glass when he jumps as someone says "wolfboy?"

he turns and holds the glass close to his chest breathing out after feeling like he'd just jumped a mile.

"sirius! you could've given me a heart attack!" remus whisper-shouts earning a laugh from sirius.

"sorry wolfboy- didn't mean to scare you"

remus leans back against the counter admiring him slightly. he was wearing a white tank top, showing his muscles and tattoos on his arms. remus trails his eyes from each tattoo noticing small scars near bigger ones along his arms and chest. his eyes then bolt back up to make eye contact with sirius who was smirking.

"it's rude to stare" sirius says, the corner of his lip curving.

"i- oh- sorry" remus blushes slightly rushing to change subject "can't sleep huh?"

sirius nods putting his glass of water on the side "no. not at all"

remus pauses and fiddles with the end of his oversized hoodie he was wearing.

Remus looks at him "would you maybe like to go somewhere?"