chapter 6

AN// hey guys probably from this chapter on, the chapters may get a little shorter so that i can publish more chapters more often for you guys!

later that morning, sirius sits at the table scoffing a stack of pancake lily made whilst remus leans back against his seat reading his book and drinking coffee. lily hadn't come home yet so remus didn't get bugged just yet to eat. he didn't want to eat. quite frankly he didn't have the appetite to.

sirius glances up at him and tilts his head.

"wolf boy. you sure you don't want my pancakes?? like- you should be honoured! i never share food" sirius looks at him with a smirk which soon drops as remus shakes his head.

"no i'm okay but thank you" he says with a smile going back to his book.

"remus you haven't eaten anything since last night and even then you only ate the tiniest bit" sirius says quietly fiddling with his fingers.

remus sighs and looks up at him.

(Remus has been struggling with his eating patterns for years. there will be a whole story line about it later but he has been a lot better at eating food than he used to be. to the point where he's actually accepted eating some snacks on movie nights. just some days are worse than others! / on that note if you are struggling please speak to someone, get as much help as you can get and please do not read parts of this story to trigger yourself! you are loved and you are beautiful <3)

"would it help if i ate an apple?" he asks as he sees sirius smiling widely before nodding.

remus reaches into the middle of the table and begins taking small bites out of the apple every now and again as he takes small breaks to concentrate more on his book.

at that point both him and sirius jump when james and lily barge through the door. they were laughing as they walked towards the table. lily then caught eye of remus and her laughing stopped. she smiles a genuine smile before glancing over at sirius giving him a thankful look. sirius was half confused but didn't really think too much into it. lily then shakes her head as if to bring herself back to reality as she dropped herself into a seat next to remus.

"so?" sirius begins "was it all a complete cock up?"

james pulls a slightly unconvincing look before sitting next to sirius.

"well-" he starts but then looks to lily to take over.

"she said it was a small mistake as she forgot the cottage had already had a booking for the same date and time" lily starts.

"but-?" remus asks putting down his book.

"but... me and james have decided that maybe it would be nice if we all just spent the rest of our trip here-" she pauses "together"

she smiles and james nods in agreement. remus twiddles with his fingers. he didn't know how to feel about it. like yeah it sounded exciting seeing as they all got along pretty well already but then again that meant he had to spend more time waking up to seeing sirius every morning- seeing his scruffy but perfect hair in the mornings, his gorgeous eyes, his breathtaking smile, his- you get the point...

james looked at sirius who looked as if he was thinking and feeling the same things as remus did.

"look- we don't even need to see each other all that often if that's what you're worried about" lily says with a laugh before looking between the two boys.

"cmon pads it'll be fun" james says nudging sirius' side who was looking to remus as if to ask if he was okay with it beforehand.

remus sighs "i'm okay with it" he nods and smiles turning to lily who squeaked in excitement. he turns back to see the corner of sirius' lips curl into a smirk.

i mean how bad can this be? all he has to do is stop himself from getting too attached... doesn't sound too hard now does it?

wrong.