chapter 13

peter comes down the stairs a while later. lilly and james were sat in the living room on the sofa but sirius was still in the kitchen. he was sat with his arms folded as he leaned back on his seat but immediately sat up when he saw peter.

"is he okay?" he blurts out and peter replies with a nod.

"he's sleeping right now. he just needed a bit of rest"

sirius nods at peter's words and got up from his seat. he walks past him and walks up the stairs.

"where are you going?" peter asks.

"to see him"

before peter could reply sirius was already out of sight. maybe it wasn't such a bad thing that remus had sirius now. he seemed to really care.

sirius quietly opens remus' door. he looks over to the bed, confused when he doesn't see remus asleep there. he shuts the door behind him, again quietly and walks over to the bed. he looks from the bed and around the room, when he catches a glimpse of remus asleep on the floor.

sirius smiles slightly but then frowns once he realises he was on the bathroom floor. why? he thought to himself as he walked over to remus. he sighs and gently lifts him into his arms. the floor surely can't be comfortable. as he carries him towards the bed he feels remus' arms and legs tighten around him.

sirius lets out a content sigh as he goes to lay remus onto the bed. however, remus' hold only tightened. sirius let out a small chuckle as he turned and carefully laid down on his back, holding remus in his arms.

"don't... don't let me go" remus mumbled and sirius looked at him confused as he pulled up the covers.

"please..." his voice was quieter this time.

he looked to be still asleep but sirius obeyed. he pulled him closer willingly.

"it's okay. i've got you now" sirius says to remus, who's frown curls up into a smile.

he watches the boy in his arms as he slept. butterflies were going off in his stomach and a subconscious smile grew on his face. he'd never felt like this before. not once. not even with his ex.

what was this feeling? what if remus didn't feel the same?

one could only hope.

——

sirius didn't leave remus' side throughout the whole day. lily, james and peter had gone down to the shops to get in some more food. they decided not to do anything fun until tomorrow, when remus was better so that he wouldn't feel left out. even though remus would've been fine with it.

after an hour, remus wakes up. he flutters his eyes open and yawns, feeling warm, tight arms around him. he raises his eyebrows and quickly sits up, to see sirius laying under him. his eyes were wide open, and hadn't once looked away from remus.

"hey it's okay" sirius reassured him as he too sits up.

"i- i'm sorry... i'd forgotten i'd fallen back asleep with you here" remus sighs out in relief as he stands up stretching.

"it's okay."

remus walks over to the bathroom and gets out his toothbrush, lining it with toothpaste before pushing it into his mouth. he brushes his teeth as he glances over at sirius who was watching him.

"lily and james are on about taking a walk into the town tomorrow. maybe go to the beach or even that bookstore you saw last time"

remus' smile grew wider and wider at sirius' words.

"really? oh really sirius can we??" remus says bouncing on his feet, mumbling through the toothpaste.

sirius chuckles at remus' reaction and nods.

"of course we can love"

remus disappears from sirius' view for a split second as he finishes brushing his teeth before he quickly runs out in excitement.

"there's the remus we all love" sirius says, grinning.

remus blushes and looks down.

sirius made him happy. very happy. he couldn't quite put his finger on his feelings but he knew there was something there. it made him nervous to think about whether sirius had any sort of feelings towards him too but then again they'd only known each other 3 weeks. that was bound to be the case... right?

AN// i would like to apologise for the amount of drama in this story. yes there will still be way more drama to come. yes it will get even more dramatic. but that's only because i want to make this story interesting for you all. without drama it can be quite boring so i'm trying to fill this story with lots of drama. there will be a bit more drama coming up in the next few chapters!! enjoyyy and thank you so so much for all the reads and support. ilya <3