chapter 8

they soon arrive at their destination and of course james, sirius and lily were the first ones in, shortly followed by peter and remus. they find a table to sit at but it wasn't much longer until they were out of their seats on the dance floor.

after an hour or two, and many shots and drinks later, remus, lily, peter, sirius and james were all up on the dance floor dancing to their favourite tunes or trying to talk to each other over the loud booming of the music.

remus wasn't going to lie, this was the most fun he's had in a while. throughout the whole time though, he could feel sirius' eyes stuck on him and even peter would point it out to him. he didn't mind it, usually he would but he felt almost protected by sirius' gaze.

remus had only had a bit to drink so was merely tipsy. james had had the most to drink and so had lily. sirius had drank a little bit more than remus and peter again had only a little like remus.

another 30 minutes goes by, peter was practically sober by this point but as for the others, they were still very drunk. sirius, however, seemed to be more on the tipsy side and coming down to sober. remus and peter had taken a break from their dancing and sat at the seats of their table, watching lily talking to a guy and james, who was glaring at the guy, in the corner with sirius who was trying to explain to him that she can talk to whoever she likes. remus let's out a laugh and shakes his head.

"we've only been here an hour and lily is already flirting, james is already jealous and sirius has had too much to drink for only an hour." remus says, words stumbling over a laugh and peter nods in agreement.

"cmon rem let's go join them" peter says standing up, joined by remus who stands up too.

"i'll be right over pete, just getting another drink in" remus says with a small smile as he heads over to the bar.

he stands waiting to be served, when he notices someone standing next to him. he pauses for a second before glancing over and then looking back down at his hands.

"you here on your own sweetheart?" the deep voice came.

remus stays quiet, pretending to look around at the bar as he felt a pair of eyes on him.

"it's rude to not respond when someone asks you a question love"

remus turns and smiles half heartedly at this person. he was quite a bit taller than remus, his eyes were sharp and his mouth was pierced. his nose was rather long and pointy and his jet black hair fell down to his shoulders. his shoulders were quite broad and he wore a black button up shirt, a long blazer and flared trousers. however, remus got a bad vibe from this guy and took a small step away.

"i'm here with my friends" remus says softly, still avoiding looking at him.

he feels the pair of sharp eyes trail from his head to his toe and then back up again and then sees a large hand rest on the side of the bar.

"let me buy you a drink"

remus was now rubbing his arm nervously. he takes a slight breath before looking at the man.

"no it's okay, i can get my own drink" he replies to the man's offer and gets a scoff in return.

"it wasn't a request sweetheart, i'm buying you a drink"

his hand was now moving along the bar and towards remus. remus' breath hitches at his nerves and he takes another small step away.

"i don't drink" remus lies.

"oh cmon, love. your voice says it all. you're at least tipsy" he says, his eyes still on remus as if they were burning through his skin.

"really i'm fine." remus gives him another half hearted smile and turns away.

as remus goes to leave, he feels a large hand wrap around his waist, and pull him back. he looks up, his eyes showing how frightened he felt, his expressions only showed shock.

"it's rude to walk away from someone who's not done talking to you, beautiful" his voice had gotten lower if that was even possible.

//TW

the man's eyes trail down remus' body again as he moves his free hand to the inside of one of remus' thighs, slowly starting to move it higher and higher. remus squirmed to get out of the man's grip but couldn't move from how tight he was being held. he closes his eyes rather frightened for what this stranger was about to do, when he feels his hand disappear from his thigh and hears a sudden yelp of pain.

sirius was stood with james in the corner of the room, his eyes were on remus most of the time, but kept switching from him to james.

"but it's not fair! i was doing so well" james complained.

"yeah- yeah you were" sirius says, his focus mostly on remus as he watches the tall man stood next to him at the bar.

"i thought she was finally taking a liking to me" he groans and then pauses as he looks at sirius "pads?"

sirius then snaps out of it and looks at james.

"like i said before james. she can talk to who she wants, just go talk to her, i'll be back" he pats james' shoulder and walks past him, away from the crowd, to the table so he can watch the bar.

something about remus made sirius feel so protective over him. maybe it was the way his laugh and smile was just so innocent or maybe it was based on how adorable sirius found him- but something made sirius want to protect him with his life.

he takes a sip of his drink, watching the man dressed in black. he watches remus go to walk away but almost immediately notices him being pulled back. many thoughts were rushing through sirius' mind.

this could just be a misunderstanding?

but what if it's not and wolfboy needs my help??

but- no he'll hate me if it's not how it looks.

but it doesn't take long for sirius to hold back much longer, as he sees the man's hand moving up remus' thigh. he pushes his drink to the table and rushes over there, fearful of what the man was thinking of doing to his- i mean remus.

he pushes the man away so remus was no longer in his reach, and before he could think, his fist was connected with the man's face.

a loud cry was let out, but hardly heard from over the music as the man fell to the floor, holding his face in agony.

remus shifts his gaze from the man to see sirius standing there, fists balled up, his chest lifting and sinking as he breath quickened due to the adrenaline.

"sirius i-"

before he could speak further he sees sirius turn and take remus's hand, pulling him away from the bar and outside.