Salazo Maekawa: Origin

I lied, it's time of an original chapter. This wasn't the original idea for the chapter but I do prefer this version.

"Asuka... Asuka... Asuka... Asuka..." the name was engraved into my head. I couldn't think about anything else.

"Salazo, are you OK. You've been saying her name for the past hour. Wait a minute, do you have a crush on her!? Are you dating her!!?" Annette sounding a little too happy for a name I said.

"Do you know anyone by the name of Asuka? I heard the name recently, but I don't know what it is."

"Well, what was happening when you heard it." I told Annette the about the unknown voice and the incident with "The First" that happened. She raised me so this wasn't to out of the ordinary for her. "The only advice I could give you was to talk to your parents." The thought of seeing my parents again made my stomach wrench. I didn't want to see them again; they didn't want to see me again.

"No! I'm not talking to them."

"But what happened sounded like what happened to them."

"What do you mean?" Annette never told me anything about my parents. I never wanted to know anything about them either.

"You should see your parents." Annette didn't want to be the one to tell this to me. "I know it might be hard, but it might not be that bad. Take someone with you to back you up." If I were going to take anyone with me, I would take someone from last year. But they have school today so I can't ask them. I don't know or trust anyone at U.A. yet. I could wait until school is over so I can call someone, but I don't want to push this off. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do so Annette pushed me into my room so I could change. I changed into something comfortable and left the house.

I was walking to the address I was told to go to. I was scared to see what would happen. As I turned the corner, I could see their house. I wasn't ready for this. I felt as if time was slowing down and speeding up and slowing down at the same time. I pretty sure that would mean time is moving normally. I arrived at the door. My heart was pounding, my mind was scattered, my tongue was twisted. I didn't want to move. I raised my hand to knock on the door. I rang the doorbell instead. A 14-year-old girl opened the door. I took a step back.

"Who are you?" the girl asked. This made the situation way more awkward.

"Are... your parents home. Mr. and Mrs. Maekawa."

"Mom! Dad! Someone is here to see you!" My mom was the first one to arrive at the door, then my dad. My dad could recognize me, but my mom couldn't.

"H-Hi... long time n-no see." They just stared at me. No one was talking, we just stood there in awkward silence.
"Hello, Salazo" said my father. It was very weird talking to someone you haven't seen in 12 years, especially if they are your parents. "I'm... Arata and this is my wife Kagunai."

"Hello, it's... nice to... meet you." We had a mutual agreement to forget about what had happened 12 years ago.

"Come in... lets... catch up." None of use were sure this was the best idea but none of us were thinking this was the worst idea. I walked in the vaguely familiar house and all the great memories that I buried away began to resurface.

So what do you want to be for Halloween? You'll be mommy's little monster.

Kick the ball over here! Nice job! That's your first goal.

Mommy and daddy are having a little girl! You'll be a big brother.

Daddy just made a playdate with your younger cousin.