What I Could Have Been; Part 2

This chapter is in the third person perspective. I thought this was the best way to to write this particular chapter. I find it weird to write in third person.

As the smoke around him began to clear, Salazo could see he was no longer in his personal laboratory. He was instead in a bedroom.

“This must be Salazo’s room in this dimension.” He spoke. “But this is a completely different room than what I’m used to. Salazo did say there were going to be some differences between our worlds. This must be one of them.” The boy walked around the room, checking to see what the differences could be.

His room is rather plain. It doesn’t look as though he owns much.

Salazo tried to remember if there were any clues in a video that was left for him my the other Salazo. There wasn’t much to the video, and it was only a few second long. It wasn’t too likely that any clues would be hiding.

HI! This is Salazo, but also not. I’m from another dimension where things are different. There aren’t too many changes, but those changes make our lives very different. If you want to visit our world, then ask this guy!”

“What no! Don’t bring me into this!”

“His name is Erwin. I hope to see you in our world."

He walked out the door to find a completely different house than he was used to. The boy assumed this was the house his family lived in.

“Salazo, are you ok? You look confused for some reason.”

“Ah! Who are you? What are you doing in our house?!” the boy scared to find a stranger in his house. The woman didn’t say anything, she just stared at him.

“Are you feeling ok?” the woman took a closer look at the boy.

“Perhaps I should explain; I am from another dimension. The Salazo you may know isn’t here. My same is also Salazo Maekawa. The reason I know of this place is because when he traveled to our reality, he left a video explaining how he got here. I simply did what he told me, and now I'm here.”

“What else did he say in that video?”

“He didn’t say much. It was mostlyhow to get here. Also, that our worlds are similar, but with some differences.”

“Uh-huh. Well, my name is Annette Dominic. If Salazo didn’t explain this world, then I won’t either.” Annette finally understanding the situation. “I’m doing some baking; would you care to have something I made?”

That two sat down and talked about their lives. Salazo talked about what he does in his dimension, and Annette talked about what she does. Salazo did try asking about how this world was different from his, but he never got any answers.

“Many thanks for the hospitality. I will be leaving now; my goal is to see the differences between our worlds.”

“Ok, good luck.” Annette was waving goodbye to him. As Salazo opened the front door, he was greeted by a young lady.

“Hey Salazo! Where are you going?”

“You must be one of my friends. I’m delighted to make your acquaintance; Salazo Maekawa, but please call me Salazo.” He held out his hand as if he wanted it to be shook. The girl stood there puzzled about their interaction.

“Uh… sure. Mina Ashido.” She grabbed Salazo’s hand and shook it. Salazo walked off in a random direction hoping to find something new.

“Mina Ashido?” Annette said from inside the doorway.