I-Island; Final Day

Salazo has gone crazy! I can barely feel my leg and my other leg is in constant pain. Kagunai lost her eye and she has tons of cuts around her face and shoulders. She’s hiding with the baby! There is blood everywhere! OH NO! HE’S COMING THIS WAY, CALL 911 NOW!

Hello, my names Annette. I will be taking care of you from now on!

“Salazo?”

Stay away from him! he’s a freak!

Did you hear about that kid sitting over there? I heard he’s killed over ten people.

“Salazo.”

Your problematic behavior certainly makes you an outlier. This institution has no room for someone such as yourself. You will attend E class, located in the mountain behind the campus.

It’s been a few weeks sense the school year started and you haven’t said a word. Is there a reason?

“Salazo!” I woke up from the nightmare. Momo was shouting, trying to wake me up. I was covered in sweat. As usual, the nightmare was about my past. None of my personalities have nightmares like I do. I can’t go a week without having at least one. They make it impossible for me to forget anything I don’t want to remember.

“Thanks for… waking me up.” I spoke. I looked around the room, it was just the two of us.

“Of course. I am relieved knowing you are alright.” Momo had a worried smile on her face. “You left so abruptly yesterday. It wasn’t because of that mysterious speed, what is bothering you?” I didn’t speak right away.

“You won’t understand.”

“That may be true, but I wish to understand.” I wasn’t sure what to say. Saying my side of the story won’t make sense because the government said something entirely different. “If you won’t tell me, that fine. But at the very least, tell me about the you nightmare.”

“My nightmare...” I did not feel like talking about it, but I felt Momo would not let this go. “It’s the same thing every time. It starts by showing me when my problems began. The day my quirk first appeared. It’s usually different after that, but it follows the same pattern. I see the moments I hate the most. The ones where I’m an outcast, hated, feared, where I’ve killed people, and the moments I regret.”

“Oh my!”

“I’ve seen you too.” I said without making eye contact. “I’ve seen you, Annette, Ashido, Kirishima, my old family, and so many people from my past.” Momo was silent. She was at a complete loss for words. “If you are here to persuade me to leave and have fun, I’m not in the mood. Not because of the nightmare, but because of something else.”

“That ‘something else’ you are referring to is the reason you left yesterday, correct?” Momo spoke.

“Yeah… but I don’t feel like talking about it, at least not yet.”

“If I recall, Iida had accidentally brought up last school year. That was also the year when you were trapped with the tentacle monster. Perhaps talking about it will relive some stress. What did the creature do?” Just from hearing her talk about Koro Sensei tells me how much she knows. She knows the same thing as everyone; he was a monster who held us captive.

“Something he did? The worst thing he did was… well… there’s a video I have on my phone that says some bad things he’s done. It’s an hour long. It was hilarious to see him watch it!” My mood began change. While everyone thinks our experience was horrible, it’s actually the opposite. Momo was growing concerned for me. “Ok let’s change the topic.” I did not want to continue to talk about Koro Sensei to someone who thinks he’s a monster.

“Let’s see… what about dreams? You must have dreams?” Momo asked.

“No, not normally. If I were to guess, I would have at least one dream every month. My dreams usually have you, Annette, Ashido, Kirishima, and the people I met last year. It funny, my dreams and nightmares have the same people. Now I have a question for you. Can you tell me more about our grandfather?” Momo was thrown off by the question.

“Our grandfather? Did you hear of him from Maekawa?”

“Yep, he’s the reason I could move as fast as I did.”

“That makes sense. His name is Joseph Maekawa. He is American but moved to Japan at the age of twenty-seven. At the age of thirty, he became a father.”

“Ok, what about his quirk? Maekawa mentioned it was an amazing power.”

“His quirk is known a Glitch. He can do almost anything with his power. The only two things he can’t do is end someone life and bring people back from the dead.”

“Really!? He can do so much! But wait, when I talked to the created version of him, he said his quirk was a curse.” I was unsure if there was a difference between the grandfather in this world and the grandfather in the other world.

“That was no lie. He never talks about his past, so no one knows why. The only thing he has said to me was, ‘There was a point in my life where I hated this power. It caused everyone I cared about a lot of trouble.’”

“Is that all he said?”

“Yes, the beginning of his life is a complete mystery. I don’t understand the reason why.” Unlike Momo, I do understand. I too have a power that I regret. I'm beginning to see what he means when he said that I was cursed. I decided to finally get up and do something. I spent more time than in my bed than I would have liked.

I stood up from my bed and grabbed a change of clothes. I walked inside the bathroom and used the toilet, washed my hands and face, and changed my clothes. I left my pajamas on my bed. I grabbed my backpack so I could leave; in my bag was the knife from yesterday. I took the knife out and left it on the bed as well. Momo and I headed for the door. Before I opened it, I said.

“The conversation we had… don’t talk about it with the others. This is something personal. I only told you because we’re family. Also… about last year. I will tell you about it. Just know, everything that you think you know is a lie.” Momo didn’t respond. She nodded her head. I know she want’s to understand what I’m going through, but I’m not ready to talk about it. This isn’t something I can just say, I have to show them.

We left the hotel and explored the island for the last time. Most everything was the same. Because I spent so much time in the hotel, we didn’t have enough time to explore new areas. Everyone else was probably in those unexplored areas because we never saw any of them. Later in the evening, I met up with my personalities. They had a fun time exploring. Claude assured me that Delaney didn’t cause trouble.

The next morning, we woke up early in the morning so we could catch the flight back to Japan. There were no problems boarding the plane. Sero and Sato were on the same flight as me, so I had someone to talk to. I wanted to talk about the training camp, but I remembered Sato failed the exam. Sero was paired with Uraraka against Thirteen. Both of them were useless against Thirteens quirk, but they managed to with because of Uraraka’s martial arts. Sato and Kirishima lost against Cementoss. I am looking forward to the training camp. It will be a nice change of pace from the normal classes.