Chapter Fifteen: The World Against Us

Silver leaves Gold's block of flats and into the street. He felt guilty. This is all happening because of him. Gold fell out with his best friend because of him. He's arguing with his mother because of him. Once again, he's ruined everything.

Feeling a little numb, he decides to sit at a bench. Umbreon and Sneasal jump onto the bench and onto Silver's lap. They know he's upset. They know.

Silver looks down at them with a weak smile: "This isn't going to work, is it?" He asks rhetorically, of course they can't answer him: "No one wants us to be together. I just knew something was going to go wrong. Everything was going too well. There just had to be something." He starts to whimper. Tears falling.

"SILVER!" Shouted an angry voice which suddenly shocked him. He looks over and sees Gold standing there, arms crossed, foot tapping and a displeased look on his face. Silver just looks in shock.

*Sighs* "Well at least I know you're alive!" he says sitting next to him.

"Eh?" Silver responds.

"I told you to text me when you got home. You left over 2 hours ago and I know it doesn't take that long!" Gold scolds.

"... 2 hours?" Silver says taking out his phone. "Oh shit!" he exclaims seeing the time, and the missed calls.

"Gold I'm so sorry. I put my phone on silent to eliminate any Interruptions of our night."

Gold chuckles: "It's fine!"

"How did it go after I left?" Silver eventually asks.

Gold sighs: "Didn't get any better. We continued to argue. She refused to listen."

"I'm sorry, Gold!" Silver says welling up.

"What? Why? Why you crying?" Gold quizzes.

"This is all my fault!"

"What!? How did you reach that conclusion!?"

"Gold! You fell out with your best friend. You had an argument with your mum. All because of me. I knew I'd ruin everything. I'm sorry!" Silver says breaking down.

"Jeez! What rubbish!" Gold responds. "Firstly, with my mother. All that has been going on before we started dating. It's because of Derek. He and my mum started dating when I was 14. He's never liked me. He'd pick fights all the time and mum would always take his side. When I was 17, I finished Secondary School and travelled to Kanto. I came back a year later to find out they got married and they never told me. Apparently there was a ceremony with all the family and friends and I clearly wasn't invited. My own mother didn't invite me nor even tell me. Then, Derek and I got into a huge blow up and he gave my mum an ultimatum: Him or me. She chose him. That's why I left. I no longer felt safe or welcome. I had to leave. Me not calling or visiting is because of her. Our relationship is done because of her. She's used you as a scape goat and as an excuse. With Crystal, I have no idea what her issue is."

"Gold..."

"So don't sit there and blame yourself, because it's not."

"But Gold. This is how it's going to be. No one will accept us together. Your best friend doesn't accept us, your mum doesn't accept us. My mum will be the exact same."

"Silver! It's like at that restaurant with those girls. Who cares what they think! The only opinions that matter are yours and mine!" Gold says reassuringly.

"That's easy for you! People look at you and think how handsome you are, how smart you are. People look at me and think the opposite. Everyone knows you're way out of my league. I know it..."