Chapter Five: Is This Actually a Date?

Silver looks at the clock with nerves. It's almost 1. That means Gold will be popping up for their...whatever it is. He's still pissed at Susanna for accepting the invitation on his behalf. He hates that Susanna has a point about getting out there. But why with him of all people? Why did he have to show up today, and on Sunday for that matter?

"Ohhh! It's almost time!" Susanna says excitedly.

"You sound more excited about it, than me. You should go instead."

"Firstly, I have a boyfriend and secondly, if I was a boy, I'd definitely wanna jump him"

"Says the girl who just said she has a boyfriend!"

"Awk! It's harmless fun. It's fine to think that other people are attractive. We're human. Just don't act on it while you're with someone!"

"Ughh... Don't make me do this!"

"Why?" Susanna protests.

"It'll be so awkward. He's just being polite"

"Jeez! Not this again!" Susanna exhales, turning to look Silver in the face. "He's into you! He wouldn't have kept coming in here everyday looking for you! He wouldn't have searched for that book! And more importantly, he wouldn't have been that nervous asking you to go for a coffee with him! If he wasn't into you, he wouldn't have asked you!"

~Oh please, don't kid yourself on. There's no way that's...~ "NOPE!" Susanna suddenly exclaims snapping Silver out of it.

"No no no no no! Get out your head! Don't listen to that negative voice of yours. When Gold arrives, you will be polite, you will be friendly and most importantly, you will enjoy yourself! Is that understood?" Instructs Susanna, who is in Manager mode.

"Yes!" Silver submits.

"YOOO!" Gold cheers as he approaches the counter. He places his elbows on top of the counter using his cupped hands as support for his chin. He just stares at Silver with a big smile.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah. Let's get this over with."

"Have fun you two!" Susanna jibes.

Silver comes round from the counter, Gold straightens up and places his left arm on his hip, wanting Silver to link his arm through, but he just ignores that.

"Come on then!" Silver huffs.

"OK!" Gold cheers. "Let's go!"

******************

The pair walk out onto the street with Gold leading the way. Silver feels like everyone is staring. Although, he isn't sure why they would be, they're just walking.

"Are we going far? I only have half an hour!" Silver scolds.

"No no! We're going to the Costa at the corner." Gold points.

Walking into the Costa, Silver takes in his surroundings. It's quite busy, lots of people taking a coffee break before continuing with their day. Gold picks up a tray, selects  a sandwich and a cake.

"What would you like?"

"N-Nothing, I'm fine"

"Come on! You need to have something. My treat!" Gold smiles.

Silver just shakes his head. "No, it's fine!"

"I asked you out, it's only fair!" Gold says insistantly.

Silvers heart skips a beat. 'He was asking me out?'

~Don't read too much into that, moron! Can't believe your heart skipped a beat! You seriously think he was asking you out in a dating way, you're bloody pathetic!~