Chapter 1 Part 2

Marcos's Pov

I walked into Mia's room. She had taken over one of the small offices on the first floor as her bedroom and workspace. She had been helping us a lot looking for Andy and Lauren so she needed a little extra space. She was good at this kind of stuff. I had been jokingly suggested that she should be a private investigator for the past few months. She always just rolled her eyes and asked if I really thought someone would hire a mutant to be their private investigator.

Mia was standing at her whiteboard writing something down. Her room was a mess with papers scattered all over the floor and desk. She had a guitar leaned up against the back wall. Clothes were thrown all over her bed and were stuffed into a backpack.

"What in the world are you doing?" I said standing in the doorway.

"Packing," she said, not looking up from the whiteboard and continuing to write.

"I don't know it seems to me like you're writing stuff on your whiteboard. New lead?" I said.

"Actually it's an old lead, just new information," she said, taking a paper off the whiteboard and putting it in her bag.

"It's almost midnight, can't you leave this until morning?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"No, I can't wait. If I wait I might miss my window," she put more stuff in her bag and took a picture of the whiteboard, and went to the computer on the side of her desk and started typing on it.

I sighed, "Mia you've been at this for months. You need to take a break."

Mia rolled her eyes and the printer next to the door started going, "I'm not the type of person to take breaks. Now will everybody just stop pestering me, Esme and John already had basically this exact conversation with me. It's getting old," she said while getting whatever she was printing and putting it in her bag.

"They're just worried. When was the last time you slept?" I said walking over to her whiteboard

"Don't remember," Mia said, grabbing one of her guns off her desk and putting it in her bag along with some extra rounds.

"You know if you don't sleep for 72 hours you are considered insane," I said, turning to face her.

Mia rolled her eyes and zipped up her backpack, "I slept yesterday Marcos. Now I have to go." she said and started to walk out.

I blocked her path, "Why don't you sleep until morning then go. Also, why do you have guns, not your bow?"

"No, I have a very small window that I can slip in and do what I need to do and guns are easier to conceal than a bow. Now I seriously need to go, Marcos," she said going around me.

"Where are you even going?" I asked.

"New Orleans," she said, smiling as she walked out.

Lorna's Pov

I was doing some paperwork at my desk. I'd been going through news reports looking for anything that might lead to Andy and Lauren so far I hadn't found anything.

"You know I just came from telling Mia to go to bed and now I seem to need to tell you that you need sleep as well," Marcos said as he walked into our room.

"I assume Mia did not, in fact, go to bed," I said. I heard Marcos sigh and I turned around to face him and smiled, " And I am going to go to bed. I'm just finishing up some stuff."

"Didn't you say that yesterday too and when I woke up you were still sitting at your desk?" he said walking over.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, but I don't plan on doing that tonight."