Chapter 6 Part 1

Mia's Pov

I was sitting on my bed strumming my guitar absentmindedly while Josh told me about some cute guy he met.

"He says he's going to Mexico but I think I can convince him to stay," Josh said as he lay on my bed next to me staring at the ceiling.

I looked at him unconvinced, "Isn't that what you said about the last three guys?"

"No....." Josh said unconvincingly.

"Right," I said as I glanced at the door. "Hi, Andy."

"Hey. I'm not interrupting anything right." Andy said standing uncertainty in the door.

"Nope," I said playing another cord.

"Cool. Can I talk to you? Alone." He asked.

I glanced at Josh and he nodded and started to get up, "Sure."

"See you later Mia," Josh said on the way out. He closed the door so it was only open a crack.

Andy shifted on his feet for a minute before taking a deep breath, "I have an idea for another way to try to find out where Lauren is but I need your help and I don't think you'll like this idea."

That made me sit up straight and pay attention. I put my guitar down, "Okay, but before I agree to anything, what's this idea of yours?"

"To find a Sentinel Services officer and ask nicely and if that doesn't work to ask not so nicely," he said.

"No to the not-so-nice part but if you think that they might tell you where Lauren is. Hopeful your presence alone would scare them enough to tell us where she is."

"I did freak some dude out in a diner pretty good," Andy said nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry you did what?" I said loudly. I mean come on, what the hell Andy? He can be that dumb, right?

"Not important. I'll meet you at the front in an hour," he said quickly as he walked out the door at a much faster pace than normal.

"Can we go back to the fact that you were in a diner Mr. I'm-wanted-by-basically-every-country-in-the-world!" I yelled at his back as he ran down the hallway. I sighed, I had a feeling that this was going to end badly.

I still had that feeling even as I drove to wherever we were going with Andy sitting in the passenger seat giving me directions.

"So where exactly are we going?" I asked as I pulled off the main road onto a more residential area.

"We're there just to relax," Andy said even though he wasn't exactly relaxed. He was tapping his fingers on his legs while looking around worriedly.

I pressed my lips together as we pulled up to a two-story house with a Sentinel Services portal car in the front. "Andy, are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked as I twisted in my seat to grab my bow and arrow, I had a feeling I would be needing them.

"Not at all, but I don't have any ideas that won't get us killed," he said looking around the street.

"And this won't?" I said. I wasn't in the mood to die today. "We're going to be talking to a Sentinel Services officer. There is a good chance he'll be armed."

"You can redirect bullets," he said, seemingly satisfied that no one was on the street.

"Yeah, but-" I started.

Andy cut me off, "Let's just do this, okay."

I sighed but got out of the car and secured my quiver to my back. I didn't want to be unprepared, especially if this ended in a fight.