Chapter 2 Part 2

Lauren's Pov

What woke me up was the feeling of a cold surface against my cheek and metal handcuffs biting into my wrists. I felt pain in my leg where I had gotten shot. That was one of the last things that I remember before my world slipped into darkness. I opened my eyes and was instantly blinded by fluorescent white light. I blinked a couple of times as I gingerly sat up and surveyed my surroundings.

I was in a metal room sitting at a metal table in a metal chair with handcuffs on my wrists that attached me to the table. I winced as I tried to adjust how I was sitting, getting shot freaking hurt.

"Ms. Strucker, glad to see you're finally awake," a male voice said. I looked up as my eyes adjusted to the light.

"Jace Turner," I said as I registered who it was. I looked around, "Where am I?"

"In a secured facility. You can't get out, our engineers made sure of it," he said, seeming very proud of himself.

I sat back in my chair. I tried to reach up to grab the collar that I could feel around my neck but my wrists were pulled by the handcuffs securing my hands to the table. I sighed. Of course, I would barely be able to move. They weren't taking any chances.

I stared at the table trying to pull at Andy and my connection to let him know I was okay or at least alive. After trying for a few seconds before I realized I couldn't feel him. I couldn't access our connection at all. I could feel it but something was blocking me. I had only felt this specific sensation once before.

"What did you do to my powers?" I said looking up at Jace Turner. He had a terrifying smile on his face.

"I was wondering when you would figure that out." he said, he looked almost giddy, "You remember Dr. Madilyn Garber right. Well, she may have been killed in a tragic accident, that I suspect either you or your brother had something to do with, but some of her research survived. Including a serum for your father to suppress his abilities."

I stared at him in shock. This couldn't be happening, no. My powers, no I needed them.

Jace Turner laughed apparently enjoying my panic, "Not a fan of not having your powers. You might want to get used to it, in a couple of months we'll find a permeate serum, this one seems to wear off after 24 hours. So get used to not having your powers because you won't be able to access them for the rest of your life"

My breathing started to speed up, this couldn't be happening. "No, you can't do that," I said.

"You don't get a choice in the matter. You lost that right when you destroyed Sentinel Services headquarters," he said.

I shook my head, tears piling in my eyes. "That's not what happened."

"Then please inform me, what did happen? Did Sentinel Services headquarters just spontaneously combust? Or was it not you and your brother who destroyed it, been though there is clear evidence that it was in fact you." He said, mocking me.

I just shook my head, "Just go away. If you're going to torture me for the rest of my life at least let me have that."

"I don't think so," he said laughing. He motioned around the room, "No, we are just getting started. I have some things to do but I will be back, then we're gonna talk about what's going to happen to you and how much you are going to hate the rest of your life."

I started at the table as he walked out the door. Was this really going to be the rest of my life? No, no, Andy would come for me. He would find me and I silently reassured myself.

I tried so hard not to cry, I didn't want to give them that satisfaction. I wasn't going to let them break me. I looked up at the ceiling and noticed a camera in the corner, of course, they were watching me. They weren't going to let me have privacy. I took a deep breath and forced my face to be blank. I closed my eyes to try to just pretend that this wasn't happening until I heard the door open.