Chapter 10 Part 1

Lorna's Pov

I was walking down the hallway at a brisk pace. Erg had come for another unexpected meeting and given how the last one of these unexpected meetings went I was anxious to hear what he had to say. I slowed when I heard voices coming from a door to my left.

"Mom, just stop. We didn't want to come back in the first place. The only reason we are here is that Mia was the one driving and we were both not in the mood to argue with her." I heard Lauren say exasperated.

"Lauren, baby, I just got you back. I can't lose you again, either of you. You're all I have left" Caitlin said. I heard movement.

"Mom, we know but we can't stay here," Andy said, "This place for the past month, it's felt suffocating to me. I can't do that to myself again. We just need to get out on our own and finish figuring everything out."

"And what do you plan to do when you get out on your own? Get yourself killed?" Caitlin asked, seeming frustrated with her kids.

"We don't know! That's why we have to go! We have to figure everything out and we can't do that here." Lauren said loudly.

"Please just for a couple of days at least. Just stay, let yourselves rest." Caitlin pleaded.

"Fine," Andy said.

"Whatever," Lauren said at the same time as Andy spoke.

I took this as a break in the conversation and a great time to slip in and talk to Caitlin. I didn't know if she knew about the surprise meeting with Erg.

"Hey Cait, Erg is here, says he has something important to tell us," I said walking into the room.

Andy and Lauren were standing next to each other leaning up against the far wall and Caitlin was standing in front of them.

Caitlin quickly turned around and nodded, "Uh, yeah, I'll be there in a second. I just need to finish up a few things."

I nodded and started to turn around before stopping, "Andy, Lauren, you can join us. If you want."

They looked at each other then nodded.

"Yeah, we'll be there," Andy said, looking back in my direction.

I nodded and left the room walking towards the meeting room. I hoped whatever Erg told us would be helpful. It's been a long couple of weeks.

I got to the meeting room with Caitlin and her kids not far behind me. Erg was already there talking to John and Esme. They were introducing him to Eva who had decided to tag along to the meeting to get a better understanding of both the underground and the Morlocks.

Marcos was standing in the back watching them with his arms crossed. As soon as he saw me he walked over.

I nodded at him, "Hey, what's up"

He shook his head, "Nothing, something just seems off about Eva."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Marcos sighed, "It's probably nothing but she keeps asking questions, too many questions. It's probably nothing. I'm just being paranoid."

"You're just tired. We both are. Dawn keeps waking us up at three in the morning every day for the past week and a half. You'll be fine once you get a night of uninterrupted sleep." I said gently, putting my hand on his arm.

"Speaking of Dawn, where is she?" He asked me to change the subject.

"I dropped her off with Leah before I went to get Caitlin," I said, glancing at the door as Caitlin walked in closely followed by her kids.