Chapter 7 Part 1

Lorna's Pov

I was in the meeting room sitting on the couch going through some paperwork half watching Dawn as she played on the ground with some of her toys. Marcos had built a small playpen for her to play in while we worked. It was really helpful.

I smiled as she tried to walk holding onto the bars of the pen. I loved her so much it hurt. I smiled and went back to reading through my papers. They were mostly just reports of Mutant activity, I was trying to see if there was anyone that we might be able to help. There were also some papers for stuff that other stations in the underground needed, thrown in there too.

I jumped as the door opened. I looked up and saw Erg standing there looking serious, but that wasn't an uncommon expression for him.

"Erg what are you doing here. I thought our meeting wasn't until next week." I said putting my papers aside and standing up to greet him.

"It's not," he said as he walked in, "I'm here for a different reason. Your friend Andrew Strucker."

"What about Andy. I thought he's been doing better the last day or two." I said crossing my arms. He seemed okay, at least for him, the last time I saw him.

"If you call coming into my home and threatening the lives of everybody in my community, good. Then yes, he's doing well." Erg said.

"What! "Why would he do that?" I asked. Why would he even think of doing that?

"He said he wanted information. He thinks that I might know how to find his sister." Erg said, pulling one of the chairs away from the table and sitting down.

I took a deep breath, "Why would he think that." I said half to myself.

"I don't know, but he demanded that I meet him tomorrow with information that I don't have. He's one of your people, you must do something." Erg said.

I sighed, "He's more powerful than all of us combined at this point, especially when he's this upset. I don't know what you'd want us to do."

"There must be something that can stop him, a weakness. All mutants have one or even many. Like me, if someone stabbed me, my powers wouldn't absorb the energy, the blade would simply go through my skin. Figure out what his weakness is and exploit it." Erg said.

I pressed my lips together, my mind going to two possibilities, maybe even in tangent with each other, "I might have an idea."

Erg stood up, "Good," he said before walking towards the door, "Now I must be going, I have to get back to my people."

I sighed as he walked out. I didn't know how we were going to be able to do this. I got up and grabbed Dawn, I was going to need to find a babysitter.

I was standing in the hall explaining to Marcos, John, Esme, Mia, and Caitlin what happened after I dropped Dawn off with Leah and the other kids she helped take care of.

"Why would Andy do that?" Caitlin asked, her brow creased.

"I don't know but if he's really gotten this bad we have to do something," I said.

"We'd have to surprise him if we wanted to try anything. He's smart, he'll see it coming if we don't," Mia said.

"How though?" John asked, glancing nervously at the hallways on either side of us.

"Mia could distract him and lead him in the direction of the adamantium cell," Marcos suggested.

Mia pressed her lips together. She didn't look very happy about that suggestion but before she could say anything Esme started talking.