Chapter 3 Part 1

Marcos's Pov

We pulled up outside a small supermarket in Maine, "This is the place?" I asked Lorna.

"Yup," she said as she climbed out of the passenger side of the car and started walking towards a small blue car.

I got out of our car and followed her over. Her Aunt got out of the car and hugged her. "Lorna, Thank you for coming."

"Of course. Can we see Dawn?" Lorna said nervously as she pulled away from her Aunt. Her Aunt nodded and went to the back seat of her car.

I walked over to Lorna and wrapped my arms around her, "How long has it been since we've seen Dawn?"

"Over a year," she said quietly, her eyes glued to her Aunt's back.

Her Aunt stood up with a bundle in her arms and walked over. She handed Dawn to Lorna who took her, arms shaking as she reached out. Dawn was beautiful, dressed in a pastel pink and green polka dot dress with pastel green leggings and a hat. I could see a few green strands of hair all over her head. It was a lighter green than Lorna's but still just as beautiful. She looked so cute, pictures just didn't do her justice. I smiled as a tear rolled down my cheek. I reached over Lorna's shoulder and gently put my hand over her delicate head. She was so much bigger than I remember.

Lorna pried her eyes off of our daughter and looked at her aunt, "Thank you for taking care of her."

"Of course Lorna it was an honor. Dawn's such a sweetheart." her Aunt said smiling. She handed me a small duffle bag, "Here are some diapers, food, and some of her toys that she likes. The metal rattle is in there too."

I nodded, "Thank you so much."

"Of course," Her aunt said before glancing around the parking lot anxiously, "I should probably get going."

Lorna nodded, "Yeah, you should probably get out of town for a while. The cops will figure out who you are and they'll figure out that you raised me and I'm, well, I'm wanted by Sentinel Services."

I squeezed Lorna's shoulders with one arm and had the other one resting lightly on Dawn's blanket that she was holding in her sleep.

"Thank you for keeping our daughter safe," I said to Lorna's Aunt as she walked back towards her car after saying her goodbyes.

"Of course," she said as she got into her car.

I looked at Lorna and smiled, "Let's bring our daughter home."

John's Pov

Andy was pacing back and forth in the meeting room. I was sitting at the table across from Caitlin who had her head in her hands. Mia was sitting at the desk in the corner typing on her computer.

I sighed, "Andy you should sit down."

He shook his head but stopped pacing, "Can't."

"Try walking over to a chair and bending your knees," Mia said without looking up from her computer.

Andy rolled his eyes, "You know what I mean Mia. Did you find anything yet?"

Mia shook her head, "Just aggravating news articles with no details."

"So nothing important," I said leaning back in my chair.

"Nope," Mia said. She sighed and closed her computer.

Andy started pacing again, "Damnit."

"What?" Caitlin said looking at her son.

"I still can't feel her. Normally I can feel something, emotions, pain, something. I'm not getting anything." Andy said, shaking his head, staring at the floor.