Chapter 5 Part 2

Andy's Pov

No one knew where I was and I needed it to stay that way. I was sitting in a car in a parking lot of a mostly deserted diner. There was this one guy who came here just about every day that I had been following. He worked for Sentinel Services. Just as a janitor but I figured that he might know something. I just needed to ask him a few questions.

I pulled my hood up over my head and watched as he pulled up in his red truck and walked into the diner. I got out of the car that I had taken from the ones that the underground used and followed him.

The dinner was smaller inside than I had expected and had a 1950s red and black theme to it. It was cute.

I walked over to the guy and sat down at his table. He looked up startled and then his eyes widened as he recognized me. I knew he would have recognized me, if he didn't I would honestly have been concerned. I mean he worked for Sentinel Service.

The guy looked around nervously, "You're Andrew Strucker."

"Nice observation," I said sarcastically. "I need you to answer some questions."

"I-I'm just a janitor. I don't know anything." The guy said looking terrified.

"I know but you have to have heard something about my sister. I know her getting arrested is all the buzz right now." I said.

"I'm telling you I don't know anything." He said slightly louder. I glanced around, I needed to speed this up people were starting to get suspicious. The waitress had been filling the same mug of coffee for a while now, it overflowed and she hadn't noticed.

I turned back to the guy. I used my powers just a little to make the glass of water in the table start to shake and leaned forward, "I'm going to ask you this one more time what do you know?"

"I don't know anything! I just know she got arrested for nothing else!" He said looking like he was going to cry out of fear.

I glared at him and used my powers to make his water glass explode. They quickly got up and walked to the door.

I had my hand on the door to the car when I heard a voice behind me, "Picked a very unobservant dude to threaten, didn't you."

I turned around and saw the girl who had tried to kill me and Lauren at the park. Kaylee, Mia had said her name was.

"You?" I said. I was not expecting this. Cops sure, why not, but some person from the Inner Circle, no. This was not how today was supposed to go.

"Me." Kaylee said she turned and motioned to someone who I hadn't noticed leaning against a street lamp, "And this is Alex. They're nonbinary so respect their pronouns or you're going to get hit with lightning again."

That's fair. I pressed my lips together, "what do you want?" I said. What even if I hated them I wasn't going to disrespect them I'm not that messed up.

"Nothing much, just to remind you how much you are failing to find your sister. I mean, come on, New York? That's it? Even we got better than that." Kaylee said mockingly.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, really where is she then? Or are you just bluffing, cause you just want to torture me that much?"

The other person, Alex spoke up, "Torture, no! Tell you this is all your fault because you left the Inner Circle, yes"

No, no, no, no, just no. I put my hand in front of me feeling the energy of my powers, ready to use them.

"You really want to try that? You do remember what happened last time right? I kicked your ass" Kaylee said laughing.