Part 17.

No one's POV.

Three days passed and no one knows where Gulf is, not even Godt or Mild except Mew. Yes, Mew knows where Gulf is a day after he left and surprisingly the two didn't even blamed Mew which the latter expects the backlash why Gulf left will be at him.

Mew decided to read Gulf's letter. He knows after a day Gulf left, Mew know where he went. Mew didn't opt to follow Gulf. He gave the other a time to be himself, to prove himself and give to themselves to realise that distance is not the answer to know each other's feelings.

Dear Mew,

Let me start by saying "sorry". I'm sorry because I didn't live to my word that I won't divorce you and I won't leave you. I bet you didn't even read the papers, I know that already but I just want to do it for myself. I gave you an option to leave me and be happy.

I know Tar's visit. Yes, I saw him kiss you. I saw his text messages to you saying he wants you back. I saw his perseverance of taking you back. I know what I did is foolish but you might just be guilty of me drowning and that seems to be holding you back. You might just be guilty rejecting me that time hence, you thought or your mind force you to think that you love me. I didn't leave you because of Tar, he is the trigger but no, he is not the reason. Tar is a nice person, we both know that and I don't want you to hate him.

Mew, I want you to know what you really feel. I want you to decide and realise things without me by your side. If one day, your heart seeks for me then find me. I know you will say that you love me but I don't believe you will love me that fast. You have to distinguish what love you have for me.

Let's lay low for now. If you found out that you really don't love me before our marriage expires then you know where to send the divorce papers but I am hoping not to receive one from you. Spread your wings Mew. Let's find our worth.

Am I asking for too much? Again, if you find yourself longing for me one day and still want me to be your wife, come find me. I know this is ridiculous but I decided it this way.

Let me call you 'boo' one last time (for the time being or forever). Boo, I love you and whatever your decision, you have to put yourself first don't think what would I feel, what would Tar feel. Set us aside think of your wellbeing first and If you choose someone else aside from the two of us that is okay. Yes, I talked to him, I know you're going to ask that but I won't talk more about it. If you choose neither of us then let's be friends after that but give me time cause I can't just easily move on from you.

This letter is long already. The ring is inside the envelope, did you see it? Keep it for me. Please be well, Mew. I am not expecting but I hope to see you to come for me soon. I hope I get to call you 'boo' anytime again soon. I will miss you Mew and I love you to the depths of the earth.

I'm still yours and will always be yours.

Your wife,
Gulf ♥️

Mew release a deep sigh and wipe his tears. He wants to go where Gulf is but he considered his opinion and his pleas. It's not easy but maybe its worth it. Maybe, Gulf is right. He folded the letter the way it's supposed to be and take Gulf's wedding ring and put it on his pinky finger where it fits.

Mew went down and get the alcohol. He will just drown himself using alcohol to take his pain away temporarily, after all, all he got now is himself only.

***
Mild enters the house and he is embraced with a strong alcohol odor and a body on the floor.

"Mew!" Mild shouted as he rushed to his other stupid best friend. Mild immediately checked his pulse and if the man is still breathing and fortunately, he does.

Mild sighed in relief. He tried dragging Mew's body to the couch, wipe his body and make him change into much comfortable clothes. Mild then cleaned up the place and call Gulf's cousin - Godt.

Mew groaned in too much pain in his head and in his heart. He flickers his eyes as it adjust to the surroundings. Mew didn't expect the two to be in front of him. Mild put the congee on the table the a water and medicine.

"Don't talk, eat first" Mild said, Mew just looked at them in confusion but decides to eat and take the medicine since he doesn't have the energy to argue with them. Once done, Mild take the dishes away before sitting beside Godt who is opposite to Mew.

"What happened?" Godt asked, he probably got the idea on what exactly happened but then he needs to know the other side.

"I don't know" Mew said coldly, "If you're here to say that I should have listened to you before to divorce Gulf then let me tell you that - I will have and will always have the same decision over and over again! I will not and will never have divorce with Gulf." Mew said in one go before he breathed out. He is exhausted, he doesn't know where to start.

"We're not." Mild said with full of sincerity and Mew can definitely see that. "We came to check on you"

"I'm okay. No need to worry about me" Mew said as he sniff. His head is still killing him.

"We're here for you. Just give him time and -" Mild was cut off by Mew.

"He said we need space. He doesn't believe that I love him" Mew took a deep breath, "...and I guess he is right. We need space from each other however, I won't divorce him. I know myself that my love for him is true and no distance can change that" and I'll prove it to him that wherever he goes he remains as my wife. Mew said. He left out the last part unsaid.

"If you believe in your love then I believe you two can fix this" Godt commented, though he doesn't like Mew, he is still Gulf's happiness. "Prove it to him, Mew"

"I don't know what to do, honestly and how long should I wait?" Mew said. The feels really lost his phd brain is not working the way it's supposed to.

"It's up to you Mew if how long and its your heart who will tell you what to do. If may say, I would suggest you to fix yourself" Godt said, Mew just nodded.

"I- I don't know. Its still so fresh and the pain of him being away is too much." Mew said and released a deep sigh.

"I believe in you two and whatever you're seeking and trying to provd for this separation, I hope you get your answers" Mild said. He smiled thinly to his other best friend. "Look through his things, maybe you'll find answer there"

Mew nods again. He is still lost but maybe they're right, he should start with himself.

"I... Thank you for you two visiting me but let's not meet each other for the time being." Mew said, the two reminds him of Gulf, their house, basically everything.

"We understand, take care of yourself and if you need someone to talk to, I'm here" Mild said, he stands up to hug his best friend. Godt tap his shoulder and leave with Mild.

Once the door is closed and Mew is again alone in their house, his tears starts falling down. It's just three days and he missing his wife big-time.

He lie down on the couch, arm covering his eyes but the flow of tears can still be seen. He said, "Come back to me bii. I miss you, I love you"

~~~~~

// Just some update, not sure if emotions were portrayed properly 😂

Lovelots 💙♥️