Part 18.

(The day Gulf left)

He is holding his bag with few things inside and he sitting there waiting for the announcement for his flight. He will leave the country and he is determined to do it.

He left a part of him, he left his heart where it belongs. He just want to find what he wants and he wants to give Mew a space to think, to properly analyse his feelings. Gulf thought that being him beside Mew, influences the latter's decision and thinking.

His flight is finally announced. Heavy heart, he stand up and board the plane. He wants to back out last minute, go back to where Mew is but he can't. He finally got the courage and the resolve, he won't back down easily.

Gulf knocked on the door, a beautiful yet somehow old woman opened the door.

"Why my baby is here?" She asked, she looked behind her son and seems not to see the person she is looking for. "Just you? Where is your husband?"

Gulf just stared at her for few seconds then proceeds to hug her and cry his heart out. She just robs her sons back until he calm himself down.

"What happened?" They're at their living room. Gulf's eyes were puffy and red from crying.

"I just need a break" He said. His mom just looked at him adorably and pats his shoulder.

"Does your husband know you're here?" She asked, Gulf shake his head. Mew doesn't know or maybe he does. His tears starts falling again hearing about his husband.

"did you and Mew have problem? Did you two talk it out before you left?" Gulf again shake his head. "You know being in a relationship you should always talk to them no matter how small the issue is. If you want to make your relationship work then you have to properly communicate with each other."

"...but what if he doesn't love me?" Gulf asked, his mother made a confused face before smiling at him.

"How did you know that he don't love you? Did he tell you?" She asked again and Gulf's shake his head too. He is now questioning himself if he really made the right decision. "did you ask him?" She continued but Gulf's answer is another shake of his head. "Look son, we don't get to decide what your partner's feelings. Only them knows what they feel"

"Mom, things happened and I think that Mew just thinks he loves me but he isn't really in love with me. So I've decided to give us a distance for him to know what he truly feels. If he loves me then he will come and get me here" Gulf said, remembering the letter he wrote and the divorce paper he signed.

"What if he doesn't come?"

"If he doesn't come then I'll take it that he doesn't love me" Gulf said.

"Did you gave him a divorce paper? I know you" She asked, Gulf just nodded. "What will you do if he decides to divorce you?"

Gulf tears is threatening to fall again but he bit his upper lip to hold it in, "I-if that happens. I will let him go"

"You will easily let him go?" She asked him but Gulf cannot answer the question because he himself doesn't know if he can really let Mew go. "Go and rest for a bit, you must be tired. I'll wake you up once food is ready" She kissed his forehead before disappearing to the kitchen.

Gulf went upstairs and lie on the bed. He sometimes come and visit his parents so he got a room for himself. He closed his eyes and let sleep take over his consciousness.

"Kana... Kana... The food is ready, let's eat. Dad is home too" Gulf grunted. His mom woke him up. He opened his eyes and he saw the unfamiliar room decor and he remembers that he is with his parents. He suddenly remembered, did Mew eat? I'm not there to cook for him. Gulf dismissed his thoughts and drag himself to go and eat with his parents even though he doesn't have appetite to eat.