Bullshit

I poke tediously at the said chicken pot pie resting in one of the craters of the styrofoam plate and slightly spilling over into the
corn section of my tray.

With a quick glance I notice Shawn doing the same before finally letting out a sigh of defeat and looking in my direction.

"So what brings you to this particular cozy corner of hell"?

I cock my head a little at his choice of the word cozy which ironically describes exactly what this place wasn't. "Well what brings anyone here exactly?" I glance down at my scars before continuing. "I have scars as many of us here do I'm not exactly what you would call emotionally stable."

"Yes, but before the scars?" His eyes burn into mine and he continuously picks at the edges of his thumbs.

"I don't know what you mean." I did however know what he meant he was proposing why I had the scars and who metaphorically speaking had given them to me.

"Mere, is it all right if I call you that?" No one had ever really called me Mere before and quite frankly the thought of the nickname repulsed me, but his eyes watched me so contently that I found it hard to concentrate. "Yes, you may."

Damn

"Marvelous, now as I was saying who in fact are you Mere?"

My eyes glance around the room searching desperately for an escape route but with none to be found they settle back on the boys pallid complexion.

I open my mouth to speak but just as I do the ringing of the 4th period bell emits in the stale cafeteria air and shawn jumps to his feet. "Come on".

He takes my wrist in his hand and I wince even though the scars are no longer painful.

Shawn moves swiftly pass the tsunami of teens and being the generally clumsy person I am I struggle to keep from stumbling. My eyes are to busy navigating my way around people to ask shawn where he is taking me. I instead follow aimlessly and weave my way around disconsolate adolescents till finally we take shelter in the music room I'd first seen shawn in.

This time when I enter I recognize a few instruments lying in the corner of the room. The ceilings are an unusual high and the back wall of windows makes the mostly empty room seem even bigger.

Shawn clicks the door closed and strides over to a stack of chairs. He lifts two off the stack effortlessly and sets them both down. "I come here when I want to skip classes, the room hasn't been used in ages no one even comes in anymore".

I sit down across from shawn and remain quiet hoping he'd continue the conversation.

"So Meredith, please do tell me your ever fascinating life story."

I contain a slight laugh at how he just assumes my life is fascinating. "I'm not very special".

"That my good friend is bull shit".

*****
Long chapter! Anyways my dad is planning on proposing to his girlfriend of 3 years tomorrow and I'm just a little nervous I like hat and all its just a bit sudden.

Thanks for reading please comment and vote💕