Promising

I planned on making it to at least ten of the fifteen (possibly twenty) hotel California's there were in just twenty four hours. If we were to ever find Matt we'd have to work quickly.

So as soon as we pull in front of the first hotel, a once stylish and elegant place now an abandoned eyesore in the very heart of Cali. I practically throw myself from the car, wasting no time. Of course every last entryway is closed up with plywood and nails.

"I'm willing to bet my freedom that were about to do something completely illegal."

"Well you'd be right, now come on help me kick through this plywood."

"fine."
________

The place is crawling with spider webs and layers of dust that is finally awaken by our arrival. I take my phone from my pocket and turn on its camera, lighting up the darkness. The room in which were standing is most obviously a lobby, with a rack of brochures and room keys lying untouched behind a counter.

"This place doesn't look very promising." Shawn's face looks disgruntled and I can tell he wants to get out of here.

"I promise we'll leave as soon as we look around a little."

"Fine."
________

"I told you there was nothing."

"Okay, whatever you were right. There are still at least ten more hotels to explore so let's just go."

Shawn turns the key in the ignition and were on our way again, this time of course with bruised hopes.

We spent nearly thirty minutes in the hotel and found nothing other than years worth of dust. I crossed my fingers for the next one.

••••••
I low key wanna turn my Instagram @/mendes_fanfics into an edit acct but I know I'll get so many unfollowers and I'm afraid people would be mad. Sigh. Once again sorry this is short.