Just my god damn luck

He was undeniably hot. So hot in fact that I couldn't concentrate on Mr. Brothers deciphering equation after equation on the board.

I had chosen however a long time ago not to be vague when it came to things like this. I was hysterically ugly, and had absolutely no chance with him.

To keep from looking back at his hazel eyes I grit my teeth and draw flowers on the margins of my notebook paper.

When I looked up again the bell had rang and I piled all of my books on top of one another. My hands grip my binder firmly as I take a path behind Madi. Her blonde hair swishes as she dodges the people around her.

I turn to my right into a restroom, taking refuge from the crowded halls and pulling out my schedule.

English Language arts with Ms.Webster in room 42.

I stepped out of the bathroom and back into the hallway, bracing myself. I read the numbers above door frames and walked in zigzags to avoid bumping into anyone. The number 45 is etched into a door in place of the black letters that were once there.

I knock lightly on the yellow tinted door drenched in paper cut outs of inspirational quotes and push down on a bruise that was covering my shoulder.

The door swings open rather abruptly and I lock eyes with a woman who for teachers was rather pretty. She had brown hair that fell just past her shoulders and silver grey eyes.

"Hi Meredith! Please come in and take a seat". Her personality surprised me and was a complete change of tune compared to the rest of the school.

I smile and turn towards the desks. The smile I was wearing quickly faded and I felt my head spinning. There was only one seat left and it was beside Shawn.

Just my god damn luck.

*******
Thank you so much for reading please comment and vote!

Ask me some questions and I'll try and answer all of them-