Mcdonalds Fries and Mornings

The Stars turned to grey clouds, announcing morning and I unravel myself from the sticky grass. Shawn is still asleep and I don't bother waking him. I stand quiet reminiscing over last nights events. Shawn told me his secrets, I told him mine and then we kissed. We kissed just like that, by the light of the cars flying past.

I can't really explain what it's like but I longed for the night because although in the past it had brought fear, now it presented a child like butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling. The night consisted of kisses and shoulders to lean on.

This morning was especially grey the clouds seemed to hang over everything like a black veil. Normally days like these would make me sad but today there was nothing. I wasn't exactly happy, but I wasn't sad. The feeling wasn't empty either, it had a name but I just couldn't place it. Possibly confusion, but then again no.

I ran my hands across my arms noticing my chill bumps for the first time. It was cold and miserable so I knelt down beside shawn and shook his shoulder a few times before he opened his eyes and sat up. "Good morning". Shawn sat up completely, rubbing at his temples and the back of his neck before looking over at me and smiling.

Good morning, Meredith. He stuck out his hand in front of me, signaling for me to help him up. I took his larger hand in mine and pushed back with all my strength, with little help from shawn who put no effort in standing up. "Good god fat ass." I let go all of a sudden and he hits the ground, laughing.

"What the fuck was that for, Mere?" He speaks in between gasps for air and laughter. "It's not my fault you weigh seven hundred plus pounds." We both laugh again, and I smile even harder at the musical noise. After a few moments shawn stands, brushes dirt off of himself and states more to himself than me, "I'm hungry". To which I reply "of course you are". He just smirks and walks ahead of me, opposite of the direction of the house. I presumed he'd lost his mind but either way I followed.

I asked where we were going but being the person shawn is he wouldn't tell me. Quite frankly this habit of his to be "mysterious" was annoying but I didn't spend too much time on it. When we reached the parking lot of a McDonald's I rolled my eyes and looked at shawn who's eyes lit up at the sight.

I stood in line beside him, deciding on my order, the person before us steps to the side and shawn begins to speak to the cashier. "I'd like a 20 piece Mcnugget meal and then whatever the lady would like". He notions towards me and I told the man behind the counter what I wanted. Shawn dug in his pockets and pulled out a crumpled up five dollar bill and some lint. I searched my pockets as well and found a 2 quarters, that I handed to the cashier. He looked at me disgustingly, with a look of hatred, but I wasn't offended, I'd hate people too if that was my job. The man handed us our order, this time looking at shawn annoyingly.

I followed shawn to the back of the restaurant. He slipped into a booth and I sat beside him on the same side. "Mere only people who are really weird sit on the same side of the booth together." I shrugged my shoulders and stole a fry off his plate. He returned by nudging my shoulder and looking at me with playful annoyance. "On the contrary Meredith, I'm kind of glad you did sit over here because it makes it a lot easier to do this." He kissed me to punctuate his remark and my cheeks filled with heat. When we both pulled away I neglected his eyes and bit my lip to stop smiling as hard as I had been.

****
Weird ending I know but I couldn't really think of anything to end it with.

Comment what you think, I'd love to know how you guys feel.

Check out my new story Handwritten please💖

Also how do guys feel about the album Handwritten because I'm in love😍 comment your favorite song

Mine is This Is What It Takes💕