Tenerife Sea

***
The song in the side bar is from a radio station talk show thing so please excuse the talking in the beginning it was the only one that wasn't backed by youtube's copyright protection thing so that's why I chose it. its a truly beautiful song so please listen to it while your reading. Thanks loves please comment and vote I'll love you forever💕
***
Later that afternoon, I blinked sweat from my eyes as I taped an Ed Sheeran poster to the back of the door. Madi Sat on my bed judging whether the poster was level and fielding my endless questions about Shawn. "What's his story?" "He's been here for two years already. If I recall correctly he's from somewhere irrelevant in Canada. I don't know, Meredith why do you care?" "I don't".

That's a lie

"Whatever, we still have like two more hours till curfew I'm going out". Madi's blonde hair bobs up and down in her ponytail as I place the last tack in the door. "Bye". She walked out, leaving me feeling like an overinfatuated idiot.

I get up to close the door. Madi already half way down the hall, turned around. "Christ. Are you coming or what"?
***
I sat on a couch in the dorm of a guy who's name i'd been told was cameron Madi sat beside me as well as a boy with piercing blue eyes and a name i'd registered as Hayes. He was probably Madi's age. The three of them talked fluently without second glances at me after Id introduced myself.

Hayes spoke bluntly about a girl who I assume was Cameron's girlfriend. "Man she's a bitch, but I'd be lying if I said she wasn't hot as fuck". "Cameron laughed and nodded his head, taking a long drag on the cigarette he was holding. I wondered why he hadn't stuck up for his girlfriend. I wouldn't have cared if my boyfriend was an alien I'd have been grateful just to have someone to make out with.

Madi sat in fits of laughter beside me in her high as a kite state everything seemed hysterically funny. I was to say the least annoyed.

I pushed myself off the leather couch with cracks in every crevice and made my way to the door unnoticed. I push the weighted door closed and sigh tiredly pushing my back towards the door.

It was past curfew and there was no way I'd make it to my and Madi's dorm all the way across campus without being caught. I was only slightly buzzed from a beer I'd had with Madi and her friends. I wasn't exactly fond of drinking after hands on seeing the effects it had on others. I wasn't a violent drunk like my father but still, when you become drunk you become emotionless which can lead to things that could easily ruin your or someone else's life. I pass my hand through my brown almost black hair and go over my options. 1, I could go back into Cameron's dorm, an idea I was seriously neglecting to think about, 2, I could go to the music room and hide out in there.

The Jameson Young building (ironically the oldest building on campus), that held the vacant music room was only a short walk away and if I stayed in the shadows I just might could make it.

I set foot towards the exit sign across the hall and prepared myself for what could be either horrendous disaster or success.

The campus is pleasantly serene at this time of night and a cool breeze comforts my nerves. I walk up the concrete steps of the medium sized building and am surprised that the doors aren't locked.

You're only housing a couple hundred delinquent students why lock doors?

I tiptoe down corridors to the music room. When I reach the doorway I'm star struck by the moonlight beams cutting through the room like a blade. It's much more gorgeous at night.

I'm surprised then by shawn who's presence in the room is just now known to me and I give him a look of uncertainty. He's sitting in the corner of the room with a guitar in his lap and I can barely make out anything on his face but the hollowness of his cheeks and prominence of his jawline in the dark.

I immediately feel bad after recalling earlier in the day. He'd asked me again for my story and I just couldn't bring myself to talk about it. I left the room with out another word nor a goodbye.

"Salutations."

"Salutations." I respond quietly.

"Do you play?" I say in a hushed tone while walking in almost slow motion over to him. He glances down at the guitar in his hands and shrugs his shoulders, "a little."

"Will you play something." At this I can see his lips curve up and the slight glint of his white teeth biting down on his lip. "I guess I could play something".

He runs a hand through his intricately messy hair and puts his fingers down between one of the frets on the guitar.

"You look so wonderful in your dress
I love your hair like that
The way it falls on the side of your neck
Down your shoulders and back"

It takes me only a moment to recognize the song and I find myself in possible love with Shawn's voice that fits perfectly with the music.

"We are surrounded by all of these lies
And people who talk too much
You got the kind of look in your eyes
As if no one knows anything but us"

I can see Shawn's face in the moonlight now and I watch mesmerized by the way his eyes squeeze shut and his nose wrinkles when he sings.

"You look so beautiful in this light
Your silhouette over me
The way it brings out the blue in your eyes
Is the Tenerife Sea"

I take a small breath entranced by his every movement. Deep down I knew he was no angel, I knew he had scars just like me, but I couldn't help but imagine him with a gold ring around his head, and the power to fix my broken pieces. There's this thing I'd heard of once online called the halo effect. It was by definition-

when your overall impression of someone influences your thoughts or feelings of them in other words you perceive them as if they are wearing a halo.

***
Tenerife sea is by far my favorite song. I love Ed and shawn so much my lord. Please comment and vote and if your feeling nice follow me on Instagram
@/sadisticmendes
Thank you for reading loves