Fix Me?

Meredith's pov:

I spent that entire morning finding hotels all over California with any correlation to my Matthew. I'd taken to carrying a journal around with me. I'd jot down ideas and write lines of poetry filled with nothing at most. I wrote to Shawn in it mostly, although he'd never see it, at least not for awhile.

I spread out a map on the table in front of me, simultaneously taking sips of my coffee and leaving the edges of the map stained golden from the rings. I circled the hotels on the map in bright blue ink and planned out our course of action to the very last minute.

I was beginning to worry, this entire mission seemed so open ended. California was enormous and here we were supposed to find Matt in all of that gigantism. I felt obligated however to find Matt because although we hadn't spoken much he felt like a part of me, like he was the same as me. Broken.

Panic started in on me and so I did the only thing I know how. I got the hell out. I rushed to grab my things and ushered over to Shawn, tossing him my things and giving him simple instructions.

"Let's get this show over with."

That was enough for him and so only fifteen minutes later we were setting out to the first stop on my map. Hotel California was blasting from the radio. The music rushed through my veins and my heart pumped to the beat. I felt less broken then usual, like maybe I had a chance. Maybe just maybe with Shawn as my angel I could be fixed.

I was always fixing people, when would someone fix me?

_______

DOUBLE UPDATE YAYAYAYA!!!!!

Yet again so short I know. Sorry sorry sorry sorry!!!!

When you guys comment how much you love this story and give me so much love it really inspires me to write and I love you all a lot for that.

I have a question are you more like Meredith, always working to make others happy and fix their needs, never worrying for yourself?

Or are you more like Shawn, quiet and a follower but a listener as well content with what you've got and patient with others as well even though you've got your own demons?

Goodnight loves