Epilogue

3rd person:

Ten years into the future,

There's a women with dirty blond hair, cut to her shoulders in a spur of the moment looking way. She chews the side of her left thumb, unknowingly. She's concentrating deeply on a piece of paper laid out in front of her.

The women's name is Meredith Mendes, a horrible case of alliteration that in this case is not very flattering. The man behind the double m's is two blocks away. He's standing in the middle of a classroom with a back wall lined with windows, giving a lecture on how music has influenced everything we as humans do today. A heavy wooden plaque with gold lettering that shouts, "Hey look at me! I'm important." Is hanging right beside the door, declaring that Shawn Peter Raul Mendes is in fact London's School of Self Recovery and Support's teacher of the year.

At the dismissal of a bell Shawn instructs his class to leave and he packs up his things to leave as well.

His chinos are wrinkled and his feet hurt incredibly bad but all of that is somewhat if not completely under minded by the idea of getting home to see his wife.

He turns the lock on the front door of their home and he shuffles his way in.

"How's the book coming babe?" Shawn's hair is longer and messier but only because there isn't enough time in a day for him to have it cut.

"It's coming. I don't know how it will compare to the last one, but it's coming."

The last one would be hard to beat. Shawn, Matthew, and Meredith's story had won awards of all spectrums. Her and Shawn were set for life.

But Meredith wasn't looking to have just enough for her and Shawn. She needed more and not in the greedy "Mr Scrooge" way, there was not a single bah-humbug involved in her quest for wealth.

Her and Shawn had been trying, so not exactly another Christmas story. She'd tried a pregnancy test every night at the same time when Shawn got home and so far every last one had been negative, but they were hopeful. So on this night Mere enters the bathroom and pees on the stick, waits the longest minute of her life and receives news that changes her life.

Two pink lines form on the stick meaning it'd finally happened.

In the living room a nervous Shawn, not knowing what kind of news awaited him, taps his foot feverishly against the floor till finally Mere walks out, her smile brighter than a cameras flash.

No words are exchanged between the two, every thought shared almost telepathically. The twenty six year old passes Shawn the test and his eyes brim with tears of joy. Upon setting the stick down on the coffee table, he held up his hands, fists clenched tight. Like a marathoner winning a race. Like the hare, coming from behind and screwing up the story by beating the tortoise.
______________

Nine months later:

A nurse with striking blue eyes passes a beautiful baby boy wrapped in a pink blanket instead of blue, at request of his mother.

The nurse smiles and whispers to the couple I front of her "What'd you decide to name him?"

Shawn smiles warmly towards her.

"His names Matthew."
________________

Omg. Can I just start out by saying how amazing you all are for reading this book and all of it and making it to this last chapter and loving me that much. That means the entire world to me. This is definitely my favorite thing I've written so far. I'm so happy to be able to call it my own.

As always I love you all vote and comment for one last time.

And I guess this is goodbye to the beloved Meredith Young Mendes.