Disregard Fate

•Shawn's pov•

Truth be told I couldn't sleep either that night. The air was too thin and the memories too strong. The darkness was insufferable. I'd thought about sneaking out and going to the overpass but I knew I wouldn't be back till the morning and I couldn't leave mere there alone.

When she came in I evened out my breaths and pretended to sleep. This is something I was good at. I'd had a lot of practice. The trick had saved me many times from many bruises.

I tried to stay silent but with the darkness came fear and I wanted someone to be there. She came over with only the dark outline of her body as proof she actually existed and laid with me. In some strange way it was as if that was her purpose. In the same way it may have been my purpose as well. Were both frightened it seems and possibly our fate is to enlighten each other, comfort each other.

It's not safe however for me to think about fate. It goes against my two blatant rules. Don't care to much and above all guard your heart. I disregard the entire idea.
- - - - -
When I wake up it can't be any earlier than eight a.m. I can hear voices speaking softly back and forth in the kitchen and if voices could be skittish than that was my mothers. The second voice I recognize as Meredith's. There was something about mere's voice that made it special. It was deeper than most girls, it was bold with something that made you feel like she was always holding back, and it came with a laugh that reminded you of everything beautiful in the world.

I step out into the kitchen to witness my mother her eyes crinkled up, a smile placed upon her lips and her head tilted back. I couldn't remember the last time I'd seen my mother laugh. It reminded me of when Aaliyah and I were young and he still made her happy.

Meredith sits with a sheepish smile, her hands cupped around a mug filled with the blackest coffee I'd ever seen.

"Shawn, hun come sit, Meredith was just telling me a story." My mother speaks light heartedly. I look down at Meredith, wondering what she'd said.

For about an hour I sit in wonder, watching Meredith and my mother smile back and forth. The two laughing in sync and sharing their thoughts. It was enough to make a hopeless person have hope.

*****
This chapter is kinda bad. Ugh.

Sorry. Pls comment and vote I need motivation. This story feels like it's going nowhere and I'm honestly making it up as I go along.

Thank you for reading. Ily guys.

LIKE THIS FOR FETUS SHAWN SINGING😍😍😍😍😍