French Fries and Spilt Milkshakes

I hopped into the front seat of Shawn's old pickup truck that reeked of stale french fries and spilt milkshakes. I watched him through the mirrors as he threw mine and his bags in the back then shuffled over to the drivers side, smiling a close mouthed smile that made his eyes squint together and his chin poke out.

"Okay so we are going to drive two hours to the airport, get on our plane, then drive an hour to Pickering." He says, more to himself than me.

"Shawn, I think you're forgetting something." I run a hand past my forehead to wipe off a bead of sweat that had formed. Even though it was only spring the heat of summer had come early.

"What?" Shawn looks up at me while starting the engine.

"I don't have a plane ticket and I certainly don't have enough money to just go buy one". I coughed to ease the awkwardness of what'd I'd said.

"Oh don't worry I've got that covered." He shrugged off my question and I became mildly suspicious.

"Shawn, you can't sneak me in on your carryon." I laugh but offer him a serious look afterwards. "I wasn't planning on it Mere, but I can't tell you my plans because you'll be mad." He tapped his fingers across the steering wheel and shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh my god shawn you can't smuggle me into another country without telling me the plan first!" I throw my head back in desperation and annoyance.

"Fine, my names Pedro, you're Juanita. Here are the drugs, hide them under your skirt." He reaches over me into the glove box and pulls out a pack of gum-or "the drugs" as he had put it. I can't help but laugh and punch him in the arm softly.

"Alright shawn tell me or else I'm hopping out of the car and not coming." I threaten.

"Okayyyyy, fine. But you have to promise that afterwards you won't yell at me." I become a little nervous but promise anyway and lean my head against the window anxious to hear what he has to say. "I told my mom that you were my girlfriend, and I wanted her to meet you but I needed a plane ticket for you. She agreed and bought an extra ticket."

My neck snapped forward and I gave shawn a wide eyed look of "the fuck did you just say?"

Shawn immediately put his hands up in surrender, his eyes just as wide as mine and his back pinned against the car door.

"What the hell, Shawn?!" I sigh and talk with my hands.

"I know, I know, I should have said something first but I couldn't think of anything else to tell her that she'd agree to and I knew you'd say no." He cringes while he waits for my response but I don't say anything back, instead I turn my head and stare straight out the window, trying to stifle a smile.

Shawn and I were dating, not really of course but basically. We'd be faking it in front of his mother for a week and a half. The thought made me blush for an unknown reason and I kept my head turned away from him, staring at cars flying past to hide it.

••••
I'm watching dear john💕 honestly this is one of my favorite movies bc holy plot twist and it's just so adorable and sad.

Amanda Seyfried is goals tho😍🙌
Thanks for reading, loves💕