Hotel California

•Please Please Please listen to the song in the media. If you don't you might be a bit confused. Thank you so much for reading love you guys•

She had her feet placed on top of the dash, her toenails a distracting neon green, like traffic lights. Her hands clutched a map that was easily two times the size of her upper half and her eyes scanned the tiny print trying to make sense of it.

Every now and then she'd mumble to herself and then tell me to take a right.

"Mmmm...yeah...uh-huh were going to a record store called, Munoz somewhere in downtown Manchester. I think they've got a record player there."

Her dirty blonde hair bobbed up and down when she spoke, almost in rhythm.

***

A half an hour later I was shouted at to take a hard left into a deserted looking strip of stores. Most of them looked abandoned besides the shamefully rundown Munoz and a bar that seemed to be the stoners hangout.

I parked as close as I could get and got out, mere followed and held both the book and the record underneath her arm tightly.

The door jingled when we walked in but no one greeted us. If I didn't know better I'd think the place was closed. Meredith walks up and down the isles letting her fingers brush the spines of records on shelves. I take her hand in mine and lead her to the back of the store where there's a record player, that makes up for the stores outer appearance.

She smiles widely and slides the record from its case placing it on the machine and setting down the needle. It sputters to life with a cough like an old smoker and eventually lets out a sweet sound.

"Welcome to the hotel California, such a lovely place, such a lovely face."

"Holy shit he's in California."

••••

The song in the media is called Hotel California and it's by the Eagles. I hope you guys liked this chapter comment your opinions💖