Puzzles

Ever since I was young I was fascinated by puzzles. The art of turning something broken whole again enchanted me. It was simply impossible for me to put a puzzle down, unsolved.

People were much harder to decipher, they came with sickness, emotions, and secrets. I wanted desperately to figure people out at even the youngest of ages. Only I wasn't even able to comprehend myself most times.

***
The bell rang snapping me out of my daze and I gathered my things preparing to walk to my counselors room for my daily shrink. I'd become accustom to the loud buzz of the hallways and pushing elbows of others.

The door was open wide, inviting people in with its inspirational posters and sickeningly happy pictures of teens my age dressed in hideous clothes from the 90's. I did my usual glance around the room taking count of the number of people who'd bothered to show up, eight, nine if you count the one kid who saved a seat for his imaginary friend.

The boy, I noticed with dirty blond hair and black skinny jeans sat hunched over in his seat facing me. I made the conscious decision to sit beside him because of how completely mysterious he looked, like a puzzle I was to solve. When I took my place in the chair beside him his eyes flickered up to mine for only a moment. I noticed they were Hazel. I noticed he was thin. Too thin.

"Hello." I muttered watching him in his crouched position. "You're Meredith right?" He kept his eyes focused towards the blue and white patterned tiles and tapped his right foot every two seconds. He spoke with an English accent along with a raspy yet still soft voice. "Indeed. And you're Mathew." I surprised myself by remembering his name and smiled subconsciously. "Unfortunately." It occurred to me that Matthew was severely depressed, as if all of us here weren't. But in Mathews case it was different he had lost hope. Most everyone here, myself included was only hanging on by a thin silver lining, hope. Matthew had none and that worried me. He was unusual, worth unraveling. I was fascinated by his broken pieces and I planned to put them back in place.

****
Hi guys sorry it took me so long to update. lmfao I just wanted to put something in the media and I really like that song sooo... It has absolutely no relevance to the story though. Listen to it anyway😂👌

I'm exhausted ugh. So I was thinking and I think I'm going to have Zoella portray Meredith or Emma Watson- COMMENT WHICH ONE PLEASE I REALLY WANT TO KNOW YOU GUYS OPINIONS!

Thanks for reading! Please like and comment I love when you guys do that shtuff. I'm going to sleep. Peace homies.✌️ 💕