32)

Kate's P.O.V

I took a long hot bath, wore my pad and clothes and came back to bed. I lied down on bed clutching my stomach. This is a every time story for me. First day is always so painful for me. And above that the nausea hits me. I don't even look at food.

Just when I was about to close my eyes, some one knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said but it almost came as a whisper.

There entered my husband with worried look on his face.

"Aren't you going to your dance class today?"

"No. Actually I.........." My periods didn't let me finish my sentence. I ran towards the bathroom and puked my gut out.
Ethan came behind me and held my hair.

"Are you okay?"

I washed my face with some hot water and replied, "Yeah. I'm alright."

"You don't look good at all Kate."

"I'm fine. It's just my periods." I lie down again. This time Ethan sits beside me.

"Can I do something to lessen the pain?"

I smile at his concern, "Don't worry, I will be fine. First day is always like this. I am habitual about it."

"But I'm not. Tell me what should I do?"

"Don't worry thats it." I smiled a little.

"Alright. Sleep for a while."

I nod and close my eyes praying sleep engulfs me and distracts me from the pain.

.........................
Ethan's P.O.V

I came into my home study. I decided I would work from home today as Kate wasn't well at all. She said she is habitual of it but I'm not. She looked so much in pain. And worst part I can't do anything about it.

Why do woman go through so much?

.................

At lunch time I thought of checking up on Kate. I had tell Shyla that keep a check on her, but now I will go up myself.

When I entered her room she was fast asleep. I sat on her bed beside her. I caressed her forehead. She looked so peaceful while sleeping. My mouth curved upwards involuntarily.

Kate stirred a little bit in her sleep. I instantly withdrew my hand from her forehead. She slowly opened her eyes, looking at me in clear confusion.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry I disturbed your sleep." I said.

"What are you doing here?" She whispered.

"Um, I- actually didn't go to o-office today."

Why the heck am I stuttering?

"But why?"

"Because you weren't well. I had to stay incase anything happened to you."

Kate's P.O.V

Tears welled up in my eyes. How much more caring should he be?

"Ethan.... thank you." I took a hold of his hand.

"Kate, no tears okay? How are you feeling now?"

"I'm better. But still not wish to eat anything." I shrugged.

"Aren't you feeling any weakness? You haven't eaten since last dinner."

"I'm am. But still I have nausea so no food will be good."

"Okay then. Have rest. I will be in my study." He got up, kissed my forehead and walked out of the room like he did nothing different.

He kissed my forehead. He is becoming more caring and soft towards me.
Oh my god! Does this mean that our relationship has a legit chance now?
I'm going to put my efforts to the core to have a good relationship with Ethan.

....................

Ethan's P.O.V

It was now 6:00 pm. My work was about to get over. After that I would be spending some time with Kate. She must be bored to death all alone in room.

I was typing an email to my purchase head when I heard a deadly scream coming from Kate's room. Jesus, what happened?

I dashed to her room to know what happened to her? My heart was beating super fast contemplating what could happen to her? In the afternoon she was okay.

When I opened the door of her room I saw her lying on the floor outside the bathroom clutching her stomach, writhing in pain.

"Kate!!!" I ran towards her and lifted her up in bridal style, put her on bed.

"Is it hurting that much? Kate I will call the doctor." I was about to dial but she held my hand to stop me.

"No no. Don't c-call the doctor. I will just pop the p-painkiller. I can handle Ethan." She said panting.

"Kate you were screaming in pain. And you wish to believe me you can handle it. Do you think I'm a fool?" I said everything calmly but inside I was burning in anger.

"Ethan try and understand. Doctor will also give me a painkiller nothing more. Please help me and give me the painkiller. Its in the second drawer from left."

I looked at her for a moment trying to understand why is she being like this but then I give up.

"Fine!"
.......................
Kate's P.O.V

"See I told you, I will be alright. There's nothing to worry."

Ethan didn't left my side after giving me the painkiller. He talked with me about his plans on expanding his business to India. And I intently listened him. He looked so happy speaking about his work. He really loves his work.

"Yeah but you scared the hell out of me. I'm not habitual of any such thing. I don't have a sister. And my mother didn't experience any such pain."

"It's different from girl to girl."

It was now after midnight but still we were talking like there's no tomorrow. I didn't think Ethan and I could talk for such long hours without fighting or yelling at each other. But I guess we proved each other wrong!

"Ethan." I say softly.

"Hmm?"

"I'm hungry." I give him a tight lipped smile.

Ethan chuckles and say, "Finally."

**************
Hello everybody. I hope you are doing amazing. Pls do vote, comment and follow me if you like this chapter.

Love,
Anushka 💚