33)

Kate's P.O.V

"Fine fine fine." I huffed at Austin. He was begging me to take him to the sushi place I talked about last week. I had gone there with Ethan and I loved it. Austin loves sushi too so he was convincing me to take him there.

"Yess let's go. Wait let me call Avery too. I haven't met her in ages." He said.

"Yeah me too."
....................

We reached the restaurant and were waiting for Avery to come. As we knew what she would like to have we already ordered our food.

"So what happened with the girl you had date last week?" I asked Austin.

"Yeah, her name's Sienna. She is pretty amazing. We have decided to go on another date this weekend."

"That's awesome. So what are you gonna do?"

"I'm thinking of taking her to a movie date and then dinner."

"Okay. But I will suggest do something different, not the usual dates if you really want a third date."

"Yes I will think about it."

"I want......... Ahhhhh!" My mouth left a mild scream. Because my best friend decided to give me a smack on back.

"What was that for?" I turned around to see her giggling. She wore a peacock blue shirt with white torn jeans, paired with black boots.

"For ghosting me for two weeks." She sat down between Austin and I.

"I'm so sorry bebe, I was really super busy. Ask Austin. We have been rehearsing for our competition."
I gave my bestest pout.

"Austin, he is your aid. He will support you. Right?"

"So sorry Avery. We were really busy. But thats why I thought we should meet up for a lunch."

"Okay fine. Treat me with a ice cream after lunch. I will be okay." Avery gives us a toothy smile.

"Thank god!!" Austin and I say in unison.
..................

"Kate kate kate!!!" Avery grabs my hand.

"What? Let me enjoy my sushi."

"Sushi my foot. Look upstairs at VIP section. Isn't that your husband?"

The moment your husband words came out from Avery's mouth I looked at the direction she was saying.

Yes, it is really my husband sitting there. What is he doing here? Maybe a business meeting? No no no no!!!!
He is sitting with a girl. And she doesn't look like a colleague. She looks like his ex-fiancé. Because she is his ex-fiancé Natalie. What is he doing with her? He told he won't meet her. They are talking.
Why did he say then that he would not meet her?

Natalie places her hand on his lap and he doesn't seem to have any problem. I so wish to go upstairs and scream in her ears HE IS MY HUSBAND!!!

Tears brimmed in my eyes. I don't know why but I am not liking whatever I am seeing. I know they are only talking but I can see Natalie is trying to convince him something and he is sitting there with very rigid face. I hope Ethan tells me everything when he comes home today. Otherwise I don't know.

......................
Ethan's P.O.V

God!!! Why did Natalie come in the restaurant? And how did she know that I'm here? She was trying to convince me to go back to her. She said we can be in a relationship again. She is changed and all that bulshit. I completely ignored her.

The thing which I felt bad about is that I told Kate I won't meet Natalie, but I met her. If I tell her how will she react? Should I tell her about this?

...................
Kate's P.O.V

"I'm home." I heard Ethan's voice from downstairs. My heart started beating fast. I didn't know how to face him after what all I saw. But we have to talk, we live in the same house.

"I'm in my room." I yelled.

In no time Ethan entered my room with his white sleeves rolled up till elbow. His tie loosened. He looked super tired.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi."

"How was your day?" He asked while he sat on my bed.

"Good. What about you?" I was hoping now he would say it.

"Tiring. I had a meeting with the investors of India."

"How did it go?" I asked.

"Pretty good. They will send us the feedback next week."

I nodded. "I will heat up the food. Shyla already cooked us food." Saying I got up.

"Kate!"

I turned around looked in his eyes. I knew he was uncomfortable all this time. I could tell from his eyes that he wanted to tell me what happened.

"Yeah?"

"Nothing." He shook his head and looked down.

.................

At the dinner table none of us spoke anything. I was so disappointed that he couldn't tell me everything honestly. I thought that he will share everything. He won't hide anything but I think we haven't reached that level in our relationship where we share everything with each other.

And I don't know why he was silent! But suddenly he asked, "Why are you so quiet today?"

I lingered my eyes at him for a few seconds, "Nothing much. Tired a bit."

"Alright."

We completed our dinner and headed back to our rooms. My room comes first in line. When we reached at the door of my room, I didn't bother to say him good night. I just held the handle of my door, but my one hand was held by Ethan.
I turned around with confused face.

"I want to tell you something."

"What?" I asked.

"I met Natalie today."

*****************
Hey friends. I hope you like this chapter. If you do please vote, comment and follow me!

Also I would like to ask if anybody is willing to help me with the new cover for this book. If you are willing, drop me a private message! Thank you so much!

Love,
Anushka💌