14)

Ethan's P.O.V

I was talking to a very powerful businessman about our deal. But his daughter was clinging to me like anything. I looked around to find Kate. I was gone for a long time now. Where is she? I couldn't see her at the place where I left her.

Oh damn! There she is. Dancing with Damien Stone. Really Kate? Damien! He is one of my rival CEO. He is very bad in terms of his relation with women. He was once arrested for sexual assault on his employee but got bailed out. Kate surely doesn't know all this thats why dancing with him.

"Excuse me Mr. Watson."

I went to the dancing floor where Damien was saying something and Kate was laughing. Why she has to laugh with him? She doesn't even smile when with me!

Yeah as you both always fight! My mind said.

I cleared my throat, they both turned towards me. Kate quickly got little away from him.

"Why are you dancing with my wife?" I asked him.

"So you are that lucky fella! Buddy your bad luck you left her alone, so I took the chance." Damien smirked.

He was openly flirting with my wife. I was about to grab his collar but when Kate stopped me.

"Ethan! I need some air. Can we go outside?" She surely sensed the tension between Damien and I.

I nodded and we went out in the garden but not without me glaring towards Damien.

"Why the hell were you dancing with him?" I almost yelled at her.

She looked shocked and little hurt too.
"What do you mean by that? You said you will come back in 2 minutes. It was almost 20 minutes you didn't return. Then this guy asked me for dance. I was getting bored as I knew nobody here. So I danced! No big deal."

"You are my wife Kate. He was flirting with you. Didn't you see?" I didn't know why this jealous side came out of me!

"Oh really Ethan! Because last time I checked you were busy wrapping your hands around a chicks body!" She yelled.

Shit she saw that bitch! But it wasn't my fault.

"She was clinging to me. She is the daughter of one of the very powerful businessman. I didn't invite her." I answered back.

"Same goes with me I didn't invite Damien. He came to me!"

I was silent after this. I think she was right. She looked so beautiful that any man would want to come to her and ask for a dance. My fault I left her all alone.

"I'm sorry Kate." I said to her.

She looked at me quickly a bit surprised. I know why! I said sorry!

"Did I hear it right? I can't believe this. Can you please repeat?" She gave me a teasing smile.

"You lost your chance to say it's okay. I am not gonna repeat it." I smirked.

"Where is the Ethan that I married? Are you his twin? Joking around huh?" She laughed.

And I laughed with her.

Kate's P.O.V

We both were laughing, first time. Together. Otherwise we were at each other's throat everyday. But I liked this that we weren't arguing with each other.

"Let's leave." He announced.

"Yes." I said happily.

::::::::::::::::::

We reached home. Throughout the ride we didn't speak but it was a comfortable silence.

"Good night Ethan!" I said and was about to leave to my room but Ethan grabbed my wrist and turned me towards him.

"You looked very beautiful today Kate." He said and my heart literally skipped the beat.

"Took you long to say." I chuckled.

"Kate!" He scratched his neck looking down embarrassed.

"Thanks Ethan. You looked good too." I smiled at him.

"Oh did I hear it right? I can't believe this. Can you repeat it again?" He mocked me.

"Shut up. Go to sleep now." I slapped his shoulder.

"Good night Kate."

"Night Ethan."

*************
Hi friends. I hope you enjoyed today's update. Make sure to hit that star button. Comment down did you like their little bit improved relation?

I will be posting the next chapter after 2 weeks as my exams are coming up. So sorry!

Till then, bubye💙