38)

Ethan's P.O.V

"Ethan."

"Kate." I lifted her up, I was still grabbing her arms.

"W-what are you d-doing here?" She asked, looking into my eyes. Her eyes started turning moist.

"Well, I came here to tell you two things."

"Ethan look right now I have my performance. You can tell me everything after it."

"I don't think so. It will take five minutes i swear please listen to me."

"Okay, fine. What is it? You have five minutes."

"Alright. Here it goes. Firstly, I am so so so very much sorry Kate. I'm sorry I didn't trust you. I didn't listen to you when you were trying to tell me that the picture was fake. The picture was fake. It was Natalie. She sent me the picture. She is now in jail rotting. I'm really sorry Kate. Please forgive me." We both were now sobbing.

"What is t-the other t-thing you w-want to tell m-me?" Her voice cracked.

"I love you Kate. I really do."

"Strange, person who loves other person trust the other person. You didn't seem to trust me Ethan. Do you really love me or it's just a facade?" She spat, but I was at fault I know.

"I'm sorry Kate for not trusting you. I really am. But please, I really love you. I can spend my entire life proving to you how sorry I am and how much I love you. But don't say my love for you is a facade. You mean everything to me. You changed me for good. You taught me how to love again. I'm not saying you to say it back right now. You can take your time."

"You came here to tell me all this?" She asked.

"Not just this. I came here to cheer for you. When you're going to dance, you will hear the whistling and hooting. That would be me."

"I have to go for performance, I'm sorry." And she ran at her wing.

To be honest I was not at all angry that she left without even saying anything to me of this matter. I knew I was at fault. I will do anything and everything for her to believe how much I love her.

......................

Kate's P.O.V

Oh my god, he said he loves me! Did I hear that correctly? Anyways right now I am focusing on my dance.
Tick tick tick, and our performance starts!

Austin enters first then I run from my wing. He lifts me from his left side. We selected the song "A thousand years" of twilight breaking dawn.

...........................
Oh my goodness!! Our dance is finished. We did it! Austin and I did it. Can you guys believe it?

And as Ethan said every lifts, I could hear his hooting as he sat at the first row itself. A proud smile on his face was a constant. Our all friends were here, Avery, Adam, Sienna, even Aiden and Christina came. I love them all so much.

Christina actually met me  when she came to know about the photos, telling that Ethan wouldn't mean what all he said, he will come around. She was so supportive.

I was so happy. Now I don't even care about the results of the competition. I just want to go in Ethan's arms and say to him I love him.
............................

"Kate come here fast. Results are going to be announced. Every participants are required to be at the wings." Austin said.

"Yes yes let's go."

"What do you think?" He asked as we stood at the wing.

"I don't know I don't know."

"The winner of the New York City Contemporary dance competition is Kate Robinson and Austin Walker. Come on stage you both." The judge announced.

Austin and I looked at each other with our mouths wide open.

"Did you hear the same thing?" He asked.

"I DID!!!"

"Come on then!!" He grabbed my hand and we went up to the stage grinning.

We received our winning trophy. We also received a cheque amounting to 100,000 dollars. The judge congratulated us. We stood for the photos.

I could see our friends and Ethan grinning ear to ear. How I just want to go and crash in his arms!
..................

As soon the competition got over, Austin and I rushed outside to meet our friends.
From far I saw Ethan standing, his one hand in his pocket. He was talking with Aiden and Adam.

We reached our group, everyone hugged us, congratulated us. After meeting my friends and Aiden and Christina, I moved towards Ethan.

He was smiling at me. But I could also sense some hesitant expression on his face. Maybe because I didn't answer him earlier.

"Congratulations Kate. I'm really so happy for you." He said .

"Thank you Ethan." I smiled.

"I-I think I should take your leave now. You should celebrate with your friends. They must be waiting for you." He said and was about to leave when I grabbed his hand.

"Don't you want me to say anything about what you said earlier at the backstage?"

"Kate, I know I did a huge mistake not trusting you. I can also understand if you don't feel love towards me. I mean I was the one from starting telling you not to expect anything from me. So it's better if I leave from here. I just want you to be happy." His voice cracked.

"And what about the thing you said that you will spend your entire life proving how much you love me?"

"That I will do only if you want me in your life. If you don't want me, I will just leave I promise."

"Ohh. So you will be able to see me with any other guy?"

"No, I won't be able to see it. But if you are happy, I will learn to adjust myself."

"And what if my happy place is in your arms?" I asked, sobbing.

"What?"

"I love you Ethan. I do. And don't think I'm allowing you to leave me. My happy place is in your arms forever. And I forgive you."

"Oh my god, come here." He pulled me into his chest. He wrapped his hand around me. With other hand he caressed my hair. He kissed my head, and whispered,
"I love you too Kate."

"I'm so grateful that you forgave me Kate. I promise I won't ever do the mistake of not trusting you. I'm so sorry. I love you my wife."

"And I love you my husband."

We kissed!

**************
Hi friends. So this is the last chapter of "Loveless Marriage"
Oh my god I can't believe it.

As always if you like it, vote, comment and follow me.

Love,
Anushka🌹