20)

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'All!!!!

*********
Kate's P.O.V

"You what?" It almost came out as a whisper.

"Kate let's go." Ethan took me out of the restaurant.

Without a word spoken we reached home. I quickly got out of the car and started going to my room when Ethan called me. I turned to see him with helpless expression on his face.

"Look Kate, it was all in the past. I haven't seen her in two years."

"It doesn't matter Ethan. I'm your wife just on paper. You can do anything you want." Tears brimming in my eyes.

"Yes but we decided to not cheat on each other. And nothing happened today in the meeting."

"Ethan you can go to her and do whatever you want. I'm not stopping you." Tears rolled down my eyes.

"Really Kate? You mean what you are saying?" Now he was so dangerously close to me. His breath fanning my face.

"Yes. I know you have some needs. And as I-I can't give you anything like that you can go to h-her." I looked down.

Ethan's P.O.V

Why is she behaving like this? Can't she fight for her right? She needs to stop this.

I made her look up as I lifted her chin. I kept my one hand on her waist. We both were so close, looking deep in each other's eyes. With my other hand, I wiped her tears. I cupped her face. She leaned into my touch.

"Kate, I'm not going anywhere. I'm here with you. And you're stuck with me. You get that?"

She broke down and wrapped her hands around my neck hugging me. I instantly hugged her back.

"Why are you crying, Kate?" I wiped away her tears.

"My real mom dad died leaving me alone. My adopted parents the parents you know didn't want me so they married me off. So I am habitual of people leaving me. When the girl said that I'm not your type, I thought the same. I mean look at you and look at me. So I thought you will of course leave me now that she is back. But when you said that you're aren't going anywhere, for the first time I felt safe. That someone other than my brother and best friend is willing to stay with me."

"My god Kate, you think so much. I am so sorry you had to see her. But she means nothing to me really. And I am telling you again, I am going nowhere. Okay?" I asked tilting my head.

She nodded and hugged me again. I wrapped my hands around her protectively.

What are you doing to me Kate?

I don't know for how much time we were like this but it all felt surreal.
She broke the hug a little embarrassed.

"Good night Ethan." She smiled.

"Good night Kate." I kissed her forehead and left to my room.

::::::::::::::
Kate's P.O.V

Today was such a big day. The competition which I wanted to participate, the makers decided to take an audition. And guess what? Today is the audition. Austin and I are prepared to the core. But still the whole audition thing makes me little nervous. I hope we get in the competition.

Just when I was lost in my thoughts, Ethan came and called,

"Kate."

"Yes, good morning." I smiled.

"Morning, where you lost at?" He sat down at the dining table.

"Oh that. Today Austin and I are auditioning for the competition which I told you about. And I'm little nervous." I placed down our breakfast.

"Come on, now I know how you dance. And you dance superb, just amazing." Ethan said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course Kate, you are going to be the best. Well I don't know about that guy." He muttered the last part.

"Thank you Ethan. And Austin oh my god he is the very best." I chuckled.

"How can you say that?"

"Oh come on, I dance with him most day. His lifts, his landing, his stretches are wonderful."

"He lifts you?" Ethan asked baffled.

"Ethan! Yess, we do contemporary style. Lifts are integral part of this dance." I said in duh tone.

He didn't say anything but I know he didn't like this. Somewhere I was happy that he was little jealous. But I didn't show it as he would say his not jealous.

************
Hi, beauties. I hope you enjoyed the chapter .

Pls vote,comment and follow me if you like it. I would love to hear it from you guys.

Check out my other books Arranged to Love and Mafia's Chef!

Love,
Anushka.💚