4)

Ethan's P.O.V

Today was the day of the important meeting. Mr. Miller was coming to my office. I wanted this deal anyhow. By hook or by crook. If I got this deal I will aquire 30% in his company which is huge. Not that he was very big businessman, but his reputation was very good.

"Mr. Robinson your 10:00 A.M appointment is here." My new secretary said.

"Yeah. Send him in. And make sure no one comes in the meeting."

"Sure sir."

Soon Mr. Miller came in. He was man in middle fifty. I heard he had a son and a daughter. Though he had a very good reputation in corporate world, his personal reputation was not quite good.
Still keeping it aside I welcomed him.

"Good morning Mr.Miller." I did a handshake.

"Morning Mr.Robinson."

"Shall we start?" I asked.

"Sure." This man had no emotion on his face.

Oh Ethan look who is talking about emotions!
My inner mind said.

In 45 minutes I completed my job of explaining and convincing him to give this deal to me.

"Well, Mr. Robinson this presentation, statistics, graphs convinced me to give you this deal but," He paused.

"But?"

"I want you to marry my daughter." He said in so casual way as if he is asking me to give some extra $50 dollars.

What the actual fuck!

————————-

Kate's P.O.V

"Mom!! Mom!!" I called.

"Why are you screaming Kate?" Mom spoke in annoyed tone.

"Um, m-mom I was looking for Liam. Do you know where is he?"

"He is gone to work. He works unlike you."

"Oh okay." I was about to leave when my mom called back.

"Kate, wait."

"Yeah?"

"There's something important I want to tell you. Your dad is going to give a deal to Mr. Ethan Robinson. And in return, he is going to ask him to marry you. You are getting married. You don't have a choice okay?"

"What? Mom!! Are you kidding? You are talking about getting your daughter married for a deal?" Tears were flowing through my cheeks.

"Kate, it is not your choice. And yes we are marrying you off for a deal. Because you have done us no good. You are literally good for nothing."

"Mom please try and understand. You are marrying off your own daughter for a deal. What has gotten into you?" I yelled for the first time at my mom.

By that time Liam came too.

"How about I say that you are not are own, you are adopted Kate." She said very calmly.

"What?" Liam and I said in unison.

"Yes Kate you're adopted. Liam is our only real son."

"So that is the reason why you both were always so rude to me!" I scoffed.

Mom, oh wait should I address her as mom?
The lady who was always anything but bad to me.

"Why the hell did you adopt me in the first place huh?"

"That time we both wanted a kid. But after few years it was difficult for us to manage you both. We couldn't give you up, it was against the law. So we had to bear you." She said so calmly as if.....

"So do you know who are my real parents?"

"They died in a car accident."

Jesus!!

Now I can't handle anymore. I just ran into my
room. I could hear Liam calling me but I wasn't in the position to speak to anyone.

I closed my door and slumped into bed. How could you god? And why me! I have done nothing bad. Even when these two were bad to me I always helped them, been good to them. Jesus help me.

I cried cried and cried. But then I made a decision which was going to change my whole
life. Jesus help me to do the right thing!!

::::::::::::::::::::
Hey friends. I hope you like this chapter.

Pls vote and comment if you like it.

Also check my other story Arranged to Love ❤️ and Mafia's Chef. I'm sure you will love them.

Until the next chapter!

Love,
Anushka.💕