Chapter 2.1

Nyeong-an!

Late update but hope y'all like it!

Enjoy reading!

================================

Lisa

"I look so ugly," I mutter to myself, watching my skinny body full of scars from the past in front of the mirror. 

I trace some scars, from Jennie's brand on my chest to Yiren's doings down to my abdomen. Every time I touch them, I only close my eyes, remembering everything. 

I'm reliving those moments, and I don't think I can ever forget them.

"Ouch." Wincing, I look at my hand with finger splints. 

I just had another bone surgery after raging out in Bambam's office a week ago. After Yiren nailed my fingers, some joints and nerves are functioning abnormally. I can't even lift a spoon sometimes.

I grimace, recalling all the horrible memories. They still keep on haunting me, and I can't stop them.

I thought having Jennie again will save me. But to my disappointment, I only feel more ill. 

After we went to Thailand, I stop being a photographer and handle photoshoots and become a housewife, letting Jennie manage all of our business. I need to make sure my family is safe. I can't just let anyone hurt them or take them away from me again.

"Lisa?" 

I'm back to reality when Jennie's voice calls me from behind. I turn around, watch my wife in her white summer dress. As always, she looks so beautiful.

"Why are you still in your sports bra? We have to go now. The kids are waiting."

I only take her hands and kiss them. I look into her questioning eyes as I caress her cheeks. 

"Jennie, look at me. Aren't I so ugly?" I ask, pertaining to my body. She scoffs at it and looks at me in concern, cupping my face.

"Honey, no. Why did you say that? You're perfect to me."

She looks at me from head to toe, although her jaw clenches every time she sees Yiren's scars. I lift her chin, letting her eyes avert from it.

"Jennie, do you still love me even if I have so many scars?"

She blinks, surprised, but later nods. "Why of course, Lisa."

I hug her, feeling her small body in my embrace.

"Will you still love me if I can't carry you like how I did before?"

She nods on my shoulder, kissing my neck. "Yes."

"Would you still love me if I changed?" 

She breaks the hug to see me in my threatening tears. Her face softens as she kisses the tip of my nose.

"Of course, hon. No matter what the odds are, I'll still love you."

I pull her for a hug, insecurities melted by how warm she is. I only kiss her head as I hug her tighter.

"I love you so much."

When I calm myself, we go to the cemetery, visiting my late wife and daughter with our children. I'm glad that Ella and the twins accept their half-sister. But I can't help but watch Jennie in confusion after we arrive at the house with my gang waiting for me at the poolhouse.