Chapter 39

There's always a rainbow after the rain. ⛈🌪🌈 

Listening to the song above is a must!

================================

Lisa

"N- Nini..." My heart wants to burst to watch her breathe so harshly. She's like a kitten ready to claw its enemies.

But then her feline eyes meet mine. They soften as she gives me that tender smile, tilting her head. "Hon."

Oh my god. I'm not hallucinating. She's here! I scream on my mind. I can't help but smile and tear up.

But I hear Yiren clicking her tongue. She takes a deep breath and gently puts me back in the wheelchair.

"Stay here. Be a good girl baby, okay?" I can feel Jennie's stares stifling me when Yiren kisses my lips, side-eyeing Jennie. 

"You homewrecker!" Jennie bellows and a baseball bat appears behind her.

I feel a sudden urge to stop her when she charges towards us, but then Yiren laughs. It sends me chills.

"How pathetic." My eyes widen when she picks up a gun behind her.

"Y- Yiren..." I gulp, feeling nervous. They're going to kill each other!

"You'll pay for ruining our love, Yiren!" Jennie raises the bat, ready to hit Yiren.

Yiren scoffs, cocking her pistol, and aims it at Jennie. "You were just a replacement, Jennie." My heart bursts when Yiren is trying to pull the trigger.

"Yiren, no—" I was cut off when a gunshot blast, ringing my ear at how close it is to me. The birds and crows fly away from the trees while I cower in my wheelchair.

I feel dreaded to watch them, but I build up my courage to watch Yiren's face facing the side while Jennie's bat was broken. Um, what just... happened?

"Did you just... slap me?" Yiren asks, surprised as she grits her teeth to Jennie who scoffs.

"You deserve more." Their eyes are spitting fires with their harsh breaths. And I know shit is about to go down.

"Why you—"

"Lili, run!" And Jennie grabs Yiren's hand, fighting over the gun. I take the opportunity to escape.

I try my best as I could to run, despite the stinging pain on my toes. Now I know why Yiren's doing those to me. I'm having a hard time running!

"Ah shit. Ugh, it fucking hurts." I stop and lean on a trunk. I'm only walking barefoot on this rocky road, so it freaking hurts.

But then I stumble on the floor when multiple gunshots were roaring from the forest like damn fireworks and my stomach churns. I continue to run away, but a realization hit me like a tsunami.

"Oh, shit. Why am I running? I should be helping Jennie! Damn it!" I run back to the place, tiptoeing. "Wait for me, Nin—"

"Baby, where are you?" My eyes bawl out to hear that voice.

"Oh, shit!" I hide behind a large tree. I'm panting so hard while wincing in pain. 

"Stop hiding and let's go now, baby. Didn't you promise me that we'll live like royalties in China before?" Is she still stuck in the past? Those were just childish dreams!