Chapter 2.6

Isabella

"Mom? Where's Daddy Lili?" I ask Mommy who cuts apples in a rabbit cut on the table on the corner.

But she stops cutting and smiles for a moment before turning to me. "Daddy's tired, sweetie. But she'll come back soon."

I just nod and watch Spongebob that Daddy and I love. Jessa and Lio are on the couch, watching Blue's Clues on iPad. But I sigh as I clutch my chest.

I'm scared. My doctor just announced that I'll be having my surgery soon after an anonymous donated a heart. But... what if the doctors will fail?

A knock interrupts my thoughts. The door opens as I quickly fix myself and sit properly on the bed. I'm glad I had a shower earlier or I'd be smelly.

"Ella!" Yeon rushes to me with Eugene behind him.

Mama Nayeon and Mama Irene are also here as they greet me. They also bring me a basket of fruits before Mom and Mama Nayeon and Mama Irene goes outside.

"Yeon. Eugene." I smile at them while Yeon takes a strawberry which I like.

"We brought you fruits! We want you to be healthy and get out of here so we can hang out again. Right, Eugene?" Yeon nudges Eugene who's staring at him.

"Right." Eugene nods, smiling at me. I feel relieved knowing that they're waiting for me. But I only grin at them.

"I'm gonna have my surgery later, guys. I still need to stay here for a few days so you have to wait for more," I retort, sticking my tongue out which makes Yeon whine. I can tell he misses me and I find that cute. That touches me.

Eugene only comforts him while our eyes meet. "I'm wishing for your fast recovery, El."

My heart flutters when I see his gentle smile. I nod, lowering my head for him not to see my flushed face.

I shouldn't be feeling this way because it's bad for my heart. But Eugene always races my heart with just his looks.

But the door opens and I gasp to see who it was.

"Avenlie!" She's wearing a white shirt and a pair of jeans. But I'm surprised to see her carrying a bouquet of daisies.

"Yah, why is she here?" Yeon mumbles and I glare at him.

Ever since Avenlie arrived, he always picks fights with her, especially in the classroom, and I don't know why. Avenlie only sticks her tongue to him as she gave me the flowers.

"For you," she says and I only smile at her while taking the flower from her.

"Thanks. I love it." We smile at each other until Yeon throws the strawberry at Avenlie. Eugene and I only facepalm when they run around the room.

I let them do what they want while I continue to watch Spongebob. Avenlie and Yeon are still bantering while Eugene feeds me with the apples. I can't help but have butterflies in my stomach.

"Avenlie?" Jessa calls Avenlie who's head locking Yeon. For a moment, I almost forgot that the twins are here. Avenlie lets go of Yeon as she waves at my sister.