Chapter 2.8

Check out this new MSP trailer that one of my readers made. I feel so excited and such! I can't. It's so nice  😭❤ Thank you so much.

Anyway, enjoy reading!

================================

The sun rises; its rays leaking through the window. The birds chirp with that trees brushing each other. It's already 8 in the morning, but these six empty soju bottles are not helping Lisa to sleep even a wink.

She's still shocked by everything that happened last night. Jennie requesting for divorce never crossed her mind— that the woman who's crazy in love with her is already done with her.

"She promised me," she cries silently while holding the empty shot glass. "'Til death do us part. Yes, only death can separate us, love."

She grabs the soju bottle beside her when she realizes it's the seventh soju bottle for today. She only chuckles at it but can't help but let the tears cascade down her cheeks. Her heart's crumpled, broken to pieces. 

"I made it alive for you, Jennie. I endured everything for you," she sobs, staring at her scarred hands. She wipes her tears and grabs the black leather gloves to cover her past. 

But then someone enters the kitchen, and there she saw the love of her life and the one who broke her to pieces wearing that beautiful long white dress. Disappointment flickers in Jennie's eyes as she sees Lisa's mess.

"Lisa, what are you doing?" Jennie asks and ambles to her drunk wife. "You reek alcohol. Were you up all night drinking?"

Lisa only looks up at her and kisses her hand. "Jennie..."

"Lisa, go to bed before the kids will see you this mess." Jennie sighs and helps her rise.

But Lisa hugs Jennie, trapping her in her arms. She smells her wife's hair, glad that she's still using the shampoo Lisa likes. But a thought winces her in sadness.

"Jennie, you love me, right? You're just bluffing yesterday. And I love you so much, honey. You know I can't live without you. We can't live without each other so please tell me it's not true!"

Lisa cries on her wife's shoulder, embracing her small frame.

"Jennie, please answer me," she begs. But her heart breaks even more when Jennie pushes her gently with dead eyes.

"I've made up my mind, Lisa. And my attorney will visit us to personally give you the divorce papers." Jennie slips in her arms, walking away.

"What if I refuse?" Lisa asks, stopping Jennie midway. Jennie only looks at her over her shoulder with her stoic look.

"Then I'll see you in the court so they can help me dissolve our marriage without you." With that, she leaves her crying wife as she anticipates Jeon Jungkook's arrival. 

Meanwhile, a man in his suit and a soft briefcase beside him, is amazed by the structure of a certain mansion he just entered in a private villa. He hums, fascinated by the modern home.

"Is this Ms. Jennie's house?" Jungkook asks Mr. Wook who fetched him from his penthouse to take him to the Manoban residence.