Chapter 30

Starless sky and sullen night. Leaves rustling, crickets chirping— calling for their mates along with the girl who cries with them, yearning for her runaway mate.

Her jet-black hair dances along with the cold wind that freezes her exposed porcelain skin, wearing only a silky black nightgown with thin lacy straps.

But that didn't bother her, for her broken heart freezes her to death; dulling her senses except for her loud mind.

Kill... Kill... Kill... That was all she can think of aside from her precious Lili.

Standing alone across an inviting bungalow resthouse of the McDonie family; no gates or fences surrounding it, she dries her tears and tugs a cynical smile on her glossy lips and licks it.

She finds the house easy to invade, and of course, easy to kill her target.

The moonlight struck on a shiny and sharp ax on her shaking hand, gripping it tightly on the handle when the front door opens and finally sees the woman who ruined her love story.

"D- do you really have to g- go, mom?" Anxiety kicks in as Nancy with paranoid eyes watches her mom in mid-forties, leaving for an urgent meeting at ten in the evening. Crazy, isn't it? 

And who would even hold a meeting in the middle of the night?

Hah, little did they know, it was a bait. A bait from our precious Jennie to hook her prey while the mother's away— threatening Nancy's CEO mom to demolish the entertainment company she's managing if she will not pay the taxes.

"Yes, Nancy. And it's urgent." The mom nonchalantly answers while fixing her coat and her gray flat hat.

"Can I come with you?"

"Not this time, child."

"But mom-"

"Shut it, Nancy! Enough of your drama! I need to go to work and stay here in the house! I'm so tired of you crying over your stupidity. You make sure to lock the doors and I will come back after." Her mom's words break her soul; feeling worthless.

She bites her lips, suppressing herself not to cry as she watches her mom leave with her car.

That is why Nancy prefers to be with her dad in California rather than her mom who only thinks about her work and even neglected her marriage and her anxious daughter.

How she wishes her mother's ridiculous family reunion will come to an end this coming Sunday. Obeying her mother, she wipes a lone tear escaping from her eyes and shuts the door.

But all of a sudden, a small yet slender hand blocks the door from closing which makes Nancy panic. She tries to close it, but she is only thrown on the ground from the brute force.

The door then opens wide, revealing the distressed Jennie with an ax and those dead eyes. The heavy rain floods, thunders roaring behind her, causes Nancy to feel even more terrified at the sight.

"Hello, Nancy." Jennie smiles, not even reaching her eyes as she looks down on the shaking latter.

Nancy gulps, her vision blurs. "R- Ruby... J- Jane."

She is in distorted thoughts. Every house of the villa is isolated— their closest neighbor is a mile away and is probably asleep. If she screams, nobody will definitely hear her.