Chapter 29

Nyeong-an!

I'm so sorry I was late. Well, I shouldn't be updating but my ideas were running wild that I have to jot them down immediately.

Anyway, enjoy reading!

================================

***The night before Nancy and Lisa reunite****

I woke up from the buzzing sound of my phone. I was too tired from today's activities that it drove me to sleep.

The pitch black of the room welcomed me; except for the moonlight filtering through the glass window.

I rub my eyes and look to my side, empty. Jennie was not around. I guess she's still hanging out with the girls. I check my phone and my eyebrows knitted.

 I check my phone and my eyebrows knitted

Yiren sent me a screenshot. She was threatened by an unknown number who seemed so familiar with me.

It was the same number who always calls me just to hear my voice and her deep breaths that creeps me out.

"[Lisa...]"

My hands were shaking when I remember the unknown caller's voice. It reminded me of Jennie. The way she moans my name and how Jennie calls me seductively is... the same.

"Fuck, no." No. It can't be. That can't be her!

I punch the bed and pull my hair in frustration as tears escape from my eyes.

She can't be Jennie. I don't want to believe, but my gut is agreeing with this logical truth. Fuck.

My thoughts snapped when my phone rang. It was mom. I wipe my tears and clear my throat before I answer her.

"Hey, mom. It's still eight in the evening. Why are you calling?"

"[I know, baby. But I was sleeping and dreamed of you. You were in this very dark room, and I saw your little self crying and it got me worried. How are you? Is something wrong, baby? Please tell mommy.]" I cover my mouth not to escape a sob.

She and dad have no clue of what's going on— not even my two weeks leave in school. I don't want her to get worried since she is still undergoing recovery from her brain, but her maternal instincts are quite surprising.

"I... I'm okay, mom. Everything's good! Maybe you just missed me, aren't you?" I try to sound happy, teasing her. But she sighed.

"[Maybe I am. But I really am worried about you, child. It just felt so real that I couldn't help but call you. Please tell me if something's wrong, okay? I'm always right here for you, Lisa.]"