THE END CONTINUES

JENNIE RUBY JANE KIM

"Our... child? This is her?" Lisa seeks confirmation with her doe eyes, shining in tears. It hurts me seeing her cry, but I only nod at her with a small smile.

"Yes." Lisa shuts her eyes, covering her mouth, and cry silently.

"Daddy?" Ella looks up, meeting her other mother's gaze. Lisa grins, wiping her tears before she kneels down in front of Ella.

"Hello there, baby girl." Lisa greets and squeezes Ella's small hands.

"Hi~" I clutch my chest at how happy I am. Their eyes are twinkling for each other.

"You just look like your mom. Beautiful." Lisa then cups my little angel's cheek lovingly.

How she looks at Ella with so much warmth. Feeling every inch of her with her hands gently squeezing Ella. It makes me want to cry.

"But mom also tells me she sees you in me." I look down, biting my lip with a heated face. My daughter is too honest.

"Really?" Lisa grins and brushes the hair away from Ella's face.

"Mhmm!" Ella hums in response, nodding. Lisa only giggles while I'm mentally saving this moment to cherish it forever.

"What's your name?"

"My name is Isabella, but everyone calls me Ella."

"Isabella?" Lisa's eyes meet mine. Her eyes are asking, thinking the same thing I'm thinking.

"You love vampire stuff, right?" I smile at her. She only gives me her cheeky smile and nods.

"And my last name is Manoban because mommy said that's your last name." Lisa's attention averts to the little girl as she holds her little hands.

"Why, yes. Of course." Lisa purses her lips as she analyzes Ella. "Can... Can I hug you?"

Ella then spreads her arms, wrapping her small arms around Lisa's neck. I watch the two having their own time when Ella breaks the hug and flicks her wrist at me.

"Mommy come join us!" I flutter my eyes, surprised. Lisa's puffy eyes meet mine and didn't even notice that Ella already drags me in front of her.

"J- Jennie." She gulps, and there goes this frenetic beats when I'm this close to her. She's tall as always that I have to look up to her.

"Lili..." I smile and she pulls me for a hug. As always, she feels like home.

"This small body. Your scent. This warmth." She rejoices and pulls away, missing her warmth already.

"God, you are real. I almost thought I already lost my mind when I saw you." She hugs me again and I hug her back, letting myself melt in her arms.

"I'm back," I say, sniffing her still strong yet sweet scent that never fails to calm me.

Lisa tightens the hug. "Welcome back."

We stay like this for a moment. Let ourselves feel at peace in each other's arms after everything that's happened in our lives.

"Daddy? Is this your wife and baby?" We turn around, witness Ella staring at the grave.

I help wipe Lisa's tears as she kneels beside Ella and stares at the tomb.

"Yes, they're my... family. My late wife and... your baby sister." Her big hand then strokes Ella's back as she sighs.

"They're going to be a star, right?" Ella asks, making Lisa surprised as she looks at her.