𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗁𝗎𝗇𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝗇

Chapter 17

Notes:

warning: light sexting, light phone sex, nudes, sexual harassment, some angst, mentions of violence, pregnancy talk, juicy girl talk, jealous/possessiveness, mentions of death

word count: 22.6k+

Edit: I'm sorry if there is any plot holes/plot inconsistencies. I haven't been all there lately and this is not edit. I was rushing to get it out so I'm sorry again!

 I was rushing to get it out so I'm sorry again!

Jungkook doesn't mean to spit out his water. He really doesn't. But it's almost like his parents waited until he was drinking to share the news they had. They say it offhandedly like it was no big deal.

"Jungkook!" Irene snaps, shoving her brothers shoulder roughly. She shakes her top in disgust, "God, you're so gross! This shirt is new!"

"S-Sorry, Noona." He says absentmindedly, sending wide eyes at his parents, "I'm sorry what did you say?"

"Your wife's requested to move in together earlier than anticipated." His father repeats.

"B-But! ..." Jungkook splutters, eyes three seconds from popping out of his head, "But ... we haven't even-I mean ... what about the-what about the courting stage? W-What about the dating period? Isn't that what usually happens. Noona got that with Jimin hyung!"

His father stops cutting into his food long enough to spare him a look, "You can always say no, Jungkook. It's merely a proposal-a request. If you're not comfortable with it you can turn her down."

"Jungkook, isn't this the same girl you were about to give up your trust fund for when mom and Dad told you you were engaged?" Irene rolls her eyes, "Your soulmate?"

"Well ... yes ..." he says uncomfortably, "But that doesn't mean that ... I want to rush it. I mean I don't want to overwhelm her."

Irene makes a face at him, "I'm sorry-were you there when you confessed your love to her the second you met or did I fever dream that?"

Pitifully, Jungkook was there. It only made this entire thing that much more uncomfortable. He'd been on two dates.

Two painfully awkward, painfully forced dates and Jungkook was still holding out hope. He was still holding out hope despite the fact that they had absolutely nothing in common-not even movies. But she was a real ... lady. Jungkook had been around a few growing up-actually, most girls he was around growing up were like that. The ones who had their hair and nails and body done up no matter the time or place. And he didn't think there was anything wrong with that! His sister was like that, you were like that, Yoongi's wife was like that and he liked all of you! Just the way you were!

Jungkook's even dated girls who had similar personalities but ... he isn't sure why he was so sure she was different. It's not that he had problem with her being into feminine things! Even if they didn't have a single thing in common, he should be able to feel that click-not a spark, a click like everything was sliding in place. It's just .... at this point, he'd rather her be a friend. He still had so much to learn about her.