𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗑

Summary:
Your first party ends in disaster but could lead to something great

Notes:
Just to warn you, there's a harassment scene during the party with some dark undertones that could make some people uncomfortable. Please don't read if it does!

Chapter Text
The corner was your home for most of the night, as you gingerly sipped on the beer that had been forced into your hand. It looked like urine and smelled even worse, but you knew people drank at parties, so you just kept on taking tiny swallows, trying not to taste it. Your fingers picked at the too tight dress Jamie had picked out for you at the thrift store not even an hour ago. It was a black number that reached down far enough that you could still slightly bend down, but it would probably make Seokjin and Jeongguk faint. Even though it wasn't too tight around your hips or thighs, the bodice felt like the fabric had been glued to your skin You could imagine your brothers charging into the party with a blanket to cover you up before hauling you out the front door.

Some of the other partiers were dressed as formal as you, but a lot of them were casual, in jeans and classy tops. You felt overdressed, but Jamie refused to let you come in anything but the best clothes – you still wished you had worn your comfy mom-jeans. She was dressed to the nines herself, which you knew was all to catch a certain blonde's eye, no matter how strongly she tried to deny it.

You leaned your back against the wall and sighed. The odd feeling that people were staring at you wouldn't go away and you were convinced they were thinking about how weird you looked in that dress – after all, you had never worn anything like this or this much makeup (also courtesy of Jamie). Your curves were accentuated, something you had avoided for years, and your tall stature made you stand out regardless of hiding in the corner. You were more than uncomfortable, and you had to fight Jamie for the denim jacket wrapped around your upper body, saving you some of your dignity.

The house music was loud and obnoxious, making your heart thump with each pound of the bass. People yelled to be heard over the thunderous beat, most of the noise coming from the dance floor, where most people were just rubbing up against one another, their sweat making the room a little smelly. You watched one couple for a while and wondered how long they could go before getting sick of doing nothing but grinding. With the assistance of beer, you bet it would be quite some time.

As a minor, you had never touched alcohol in your life, but the moment you walked through the door, some guy with blue hair shoved an unopened bottle into your hand and walked away. Jamie encouraged you to limit yourself to one bottle, but you weren’t sure if you wanted to finish even that much. The taste nearly made you gag, but a partier near laughed and assured you it would get better. You were still uncertain how you felt about the tangy, lime-infused concoction.

Before you had even finished the bottle, you were a little warm, but you were bored too so you continued sipping until the bottle was empty. Jamie had wandered off somewhere, so you found your way into the kitchen, where more drinks were on ice by the fridge. Some people were stood around, laughing and gossiping with one another – one couple was even making out against the freezer. The scene was not for you, but Jamie told you not to leave without her, so you were stuck.

Sighing, you took another beer and popped it open. You hoped no one noticed the way you flinched at the noise it made.

Your eyes had been searching for Hoseok since you came in, surprised that you couldn't spot his bright red hair in the crowd. Yes, you were a little disappointed that he hadn't said hi, but you suspected he would forget about you – it hurt a little that it had been so soon though. This coupled with the fact that you were moping over Taehyung again – thanks, Seokjin – only made you grip the bottle in your fist even tighter.