𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗁𝗎𝗇𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Chapter 8: Advice From His Oldest Friend

Taehyung opens the door to Jimin. He's wearing the outfit Mrs. Choi selected for him; a pair of smart trousers in deep gray with matching sport coat and a white button down shirt. Jimin smiles at him.

"You look like a cool banker." He laughs stepping inside the apartment.

"That's what I'm going for actually. Mrs. Choi picked it out but I think it's perfect. I want to look professional." Jimin walks around him looking him over.

"You should have told me to wear a suit. I'm going with you right?" He looks down at his outfit, colorful button down and dark trousers. He looks perfectly presentable, as usual. Taehyung smiles at him.

"Well we don't want to look too much like bankers. Do you want some tea?" He motions for Jimin to follow him into the kitchen.

"So Jungkook told me you fell in love with someone you saw on TV, a preschool teacher. He's not very confident this is real." He takes a seat at the counter while Taehyung brings out mugs for tea and pushes a box with an assortment of types for him to choose.

"I know he has doubts. He invited Yoongi to lunch to discourage me and when that didn't work he spoke to Namjoon who also invited me round for lunch to find out more. I've gotten quite a few free meals over this." He laughs and pours the water into the cups. "Honestly, I do understand this sounds mad, but Jimin-" He puts the kettle down and smiles so big in a far off dreamy way. "Jimin, she is perfect. And I promise you, the moment I saw her I knew that I've never felt real love until that moment." Jimin smiles at his old friend.

"Taehyungie, I have heard you talk about girls for years, but not once like this. I knew it would happen for you just like this." Taehyung takes a seat across from him to listen. "When I met Dasom I knew within the first minute that I wanted to know everything about her, and I knew within a day that I wanted her to be my girlfriend. I bought the ring within the first week." Taehyung smiles at him, happy to hear someone else believes in love at first sight. "But," he emphasizes the word. "I didn't give her the ring the first week." He raises his eyebrow to punctuate his point, and waits for Taehyung to respond. He nods.

"I get it, don't scare her off." He smiles. "I was hoping to visit the preschool and find out what they need, and meet her as a professional person who wants to help." Jimin looks confused.

"Won't she know who you are instantly?" Taehyung shakes his head.

"I don't know. Maybe not. I think she's American." Jimin looks shocked.

"American?! Jungkook didn't tell me that! Well..." He thinks for a moment, stirring honey into his tea. "You do know that we are very popular in America too?" He teases him, glancing up and smiling. Taehyung's boxy grin appears, his eyes turn almost to crescents.

"Yes, I have thought of that. I am who I am and she will have to love me as I am. I'm looking forward to meeting her and figuring out if she recognizes me."

"What does she look like?" Taehyung's eyes grow wide.

"I have a picture, from their website." He gets up to pull out his phone. He scans through it and hands it to Jimin. "Don't judge me because I screen capped her website profile picture." Jimin laughs looking over the screen. "She has the most beautiful voice, very soft and gentle. And her eyes sparkle when she smiles." He stares off in the distance picturing the face he's memorized.

"She's very pretty Taehyung. And she looks very kind. I'm looking forward to meeting her." He takes his friends hand and pats it.

"Me too!" Taehyung laughs, squeezing Jimin's hand.

"I'll go with you, but, I don't want to interfere, so just give me a signal to tell me to back off or leave you alone and I'll do it." He sips the hot tea carefully. Taehyung thinks for a moment before he holds his thumb and index finger up forming the shape of a tiny heart.

"If I do this, it means I want to get some time alone with her." Jimin nods, understanding the plan.

"Do you have something to give them today? A gift?" Taehyung remembers the delivery and grabs his phone back.

"Oh that's right, there should be a delivery of art kits for the children coming today from a little shop in Cheongdam-Dong." He scans his phone to see if the alert has come for the delivery. He frowns. "I don't think it's arrived yet. I don't want to arrive empty handed. What could I bring? Can I bring flowers?" He looks a little more panicked. Jimin thinks for a moment.

"It's traditional, although possibly a bit too 'on the nose." He laughs, and then he nods. "Maybe the children would enjoy having fresh flowers in the school." Taehyung smiles.

"You are very wise Jimin ah. How did you get so wise."

"Well I am two months older, so it's to be expected," he teases. They smile at each other as they finish their tea. "And remember, it's tradition to name your first born child after your oldest friend." Taehyung nearly spits out his tea remembering Namjoon's joke. He nods in a mock promise.