𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

single, married, and everything in between
obiwrites
Summary:
You and Kim Taehyung could not be anymore different, even if you tried. So why then did it seem fate kept tying you together and forcing your paths to overlap? Just what did the universe have in store for you two?

✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤

Taehyung isn’t quite sure when it started picking off his friends. Like, realistically speaking he knows when. He was there for every one of them of course, but he just doesn’t know how it progressed so fast. It almost felt like he blinked and the world as he knew it had changed so drastically. They had all changed so drastically but not Taehyung. He’s always been the same, always consistent, always reliable—

“Forever single.” Jimin snorts, shaking his head.

Taehyung makes a face at his friend, still nursing a beer when he calls out, “Is this the greeting I get after having not seen you guys for a month?”

“In our defense, we were talking shit about you before you get here, and you just have impeccable timing.” Hoseok points out.

“Well hello to all of you two,” he says, pulling a bar stool up, “So? How have you guys been? What did I miss? Any of you ready to cheat on your wives?”

The groans are collective and in sync. After all this time, they sounded almost like a choir—perfectly harmonized and perfectly exasperated with the odd man out in their friend group.

He knows his friends didn’t plan it, they sure as hell didn’t make some sort of pregnancy pact to all be married by thirty. But that’s how it worked out. There was a time, if he thinks back hard enough—a time where they absolutely ran their college campus. They operated like a finely tuned machine back then—complimenting each other’s strengths and weaknesses. It was almost like fate when the seven of them came together and Taehyung still swore by that.

Taehyung wasn’t one to talk about ‘the glory days,’ he wasn’t that guy and had no intention of being some loser who was stuck in the past. But damn he’d be lying if he said that he didn’t miss it—the thrill of going out and getting drunk and then recounting the wild, trashy sex the next morning. He missed being able to call on any one of them and have them be down to go to a club at two in the morning, or check out a party where he knew absolutely no one. There was a point in time where he’d go as far as to say, they had fans. Actual women piling into frat parties and mixers and group dates just for a chance to sleep with them.

And it wasn’t like they had magic dicks, or tricks or anything like that. It was more so the image they sold—seven attractive friends, all drastically different and ready to go.

It was like a buffet—or so he’s been told.

“I see you haven’t changed in your time abroad.” Yoongi snorts.

“I was away for a month—did you expect me to come back with a chastity belt and a new outlook on life?” He blinks.

“We were hoping. At the very least, we were praying you found someone so you could stop crying whenever we get together.” Seokjin rolls his eyes.

“I do not cry.” Taehyung scoffs, elbowing Jungkook, “tell him I don’t cry.”

The youngest winces, “You kind of cry.”

“Is it so bad that I miss having single friends?” Taehyung scowls, “You guys are all boring. I actually had to block Namjoon on Instagram because all he posts are Seulgi’s lunches she makes for him.”

Namjoon shrugs, “She‘s been into those aesthetically pleasing lunch plates on Instagram.”

Taehyung gags when Jimin laughs.