𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗁𝗎𝗇𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

BEST OF ME
by Mintedmango

"Three thousand gold pieces

"Three thousand gold pieces." Jimin cuts off Taehyung as the crowd gasps. The announcers eyes were bulging out of his head, looking at the young nobleman and his crew as their mouths were hung open in shock. They stood their in silence for a minute before closing their traps and marching away in an angry fury, outbid by the mysterious cloaked man. The once roaring crowd was now silent as Jimin extends a sack of gold coins to the seller on the stage, never breaking eye contact with the beautiful woman, as he counts quickly confirming with the locksmith that he was indeed all settled, unlocking her restraints as Jimin holds a hand out for her with a wide, beaming smile he only gives if he was very content.

Chapter 1: The Purchase

"Prince Jimin!" Taehyung hisses, voice low in the shifting, shouting crowd, leaning into his best friend and royal highness. "We shouldn't be here!" He glances around, head turning around back and forth at the masses of people as the smaller man in the tan cloak darts away from him, shuffling from booth to booth, not a care in this whole world as he meanders the streets of his kingdom.

"On all days to come here, you just had to pick selling day didn't you?" Taehyung teases, knowing that the prince wouldn't care, that he was less formal than in a normal setting of the palace or with his guards. Taehyung was told time and time again by the prince that indeed he ranked above him and everyone in his kingdom (besides his parents of course), but, Taehyung came from a nobleman's family, being Jimin's childhood friend long before he was his attendant.

They had grown up together, playing and dreaming of a life outside the grey slabs of walls, beyond the waves of the sea, beyond the hunting grounds and over the hills of some far away country or land where they didn't have to worry about nobility or power.

Jimin chuckles a little as he purchases a new sparkling blue sapphire ring, something Taehyung notices he loves to wear on his pale hands.

"Tae," Jimin raises a perfect brow under his hood at him as he exchanges some gold for the blue jewel. "It'll be fine! My parents are away for some business in Yorkshire, they won't be back for a week at least."

He starts to move away as Taehyung is swiveling his chestnut colored head around the pair, looking for any signs of danger or trouble coming towards them.

The streets have been filled with crime recently, the most notable of all, a silent killer who looks like a cat and has hair as white as snow. Suga they call him. He stalks the streets at night reportedly, stealing and killing from the rich and giving back to the poor. A real swell guy for the poor people of the kingdom, not so much for the nobles and yangban.

He was really upsetting the balance of the kingdom of Bangtan, making the once, semi-peaceful trading port a chaotic and murderous place.

The crime rate has increased since his first arrival - the king not willing to have his own soldiers come and defend his people as he couldn't afford to lose more men since the war against the pillaging Jung clan came through about two months ago and destroyed a lot of the outlying towns and a few ships that Bangtan was supposedly overseeing as their own.