𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗁𝗎𝗇𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

Chapter 35: A Mistake

Hana wakes as the first rays of sunlight are streaming into the bedroom. She looks up to see Taehyung sleeping so serenely, almost smiling in his sleep. She takes the clothes from her bag and steps into his bathroom to get ready for the day. Taehyung is still sleeping peacefully when she steps out of the bathroom, fully ready, taxi ordered, to take her to work. She slowly climbs across the bed, careful not to disturb him, and kisses his soft cheek, before she pulls back to take one last glimpse of his languid beauty.

She steps out into the wide hallway of his apartment, carefully closing the bedroom door behind her to allow him to catch up on the sleep he missed last night. She smiles to herself at the memory as she tiptoes through the hallway towards the living room to look for her purse. She has enough time to get to the school before the children, as long as the taxi she has booked comes quickly. She decides to leave a note for Taehyung, so he will know where she is when he wakes. He probably never worries about Monday morning, and everyday is a new adventure, she thinks, but her life, her old life, begins again in 45 minutes.

She looks through her purse for a pen and a piece of paper to leave a note but doesn't find anything. The room is so clean and barren of any type of clutter that she doesn't see any options for leaving a note. She walks up to a closed door, assuming it might be the kitchen, and she pushes it open. As she steps into the room, she is startled by a figure near the counter. The little figure turns and shrieks when she sees Hana.

"Oh! Oh, you scared me!" She gasps and clutches her chest. Hana's eyes grow wide as she takes in the sight of this person she didn't know was in the apartment. She looks around confused.

"I- I'm Hana," she says, wondering who it is she is introducing herself to. "Are you Mrs. Kim?" she assumes. The woman, still clutching her chest, exhales deeply, and smiles.

"No, no. I'm Mrs. Choi, the housekeeper." Hana nods, and bows to her. The woman looks her over surprised. Hana realizes this person would have no idea who she is and what she's doing sneaking around his apartment at 7am. "I didn't know you were - blonde," she says, choosing a different word from her original thought. Hana tries to smile warmly.

"I'm from the United States," she answers the question that hasn't been voiced. Mrs. Choi looks surprised.

"Hmm, your Korean is good," she says almost to herself.

"I was just looking for a piece of paper to leave a note for Taehyung." Mrs. Choi steps aside to let her enter the kitchen fully.

"Why are you leaving?" she asks, one eyebrow lowering to frown at her.

"I have to go to work. I'm a teacher." Mrs. Choi looks surprised by this.

"Oh. He never said." She continues to look over every inch of her, studying her and Hana feels the heat of the glare, but isn't sure what she means since Taehyung wouldn't have had time to mention their whirlwind romance, he's been by her side every moment since it began.

"Do you live here?" Hana asks, unsure. Mrs. Choi smiles and laughs.

"No, no. I thought you would know that. You haven't run into me yet." As she laughs, her chest heaves up and down in a comical way. Hana looks at her strangely.

"I've never been here before," she explains. Mrs. Choi's expression drops. She stares hard at Hana.

"You're here with Mr. Kim? You're his fiancée?" she asks. Hana's eyes grow wide and she shakes her head as her heart begins to race.

"Yes. I mean, no. I'm not his fiancée." Her mind is flooded with terrible, horrible thoughts, wondering what she has walked in to. Who is his fiancée?!