𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

Do You?

TheWriteLife

Summary:

"Does telling the truth make the situation any better than what you did at all?" -Namjoon

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Chapter 1

"Wait, don't!"

Tears fell from your eyes and everything moved in slow motion. Your wails were unheard as the only real love you've ever known was packing his bags. Thankfully for him, everything he owned only took up one drawer space in your dresser and the top drawer in the vanity of your spacious bathroom.

"Namjoon, please, just stop!"

Even with you pulling on his arms and shirt, he still travelled smoothly across the carpet floors of your bedroom, making sure he wasn't leaving anything behind.

"I didn't mean to hurt you! It didn't mean anything!"

You couldn't remember the last time you had been so frantic and stressed about anything other than your current situation. And, those situations always seemed to fix themselves. This was one thing you didn't think could be fixed; you just had to convince the other half of your soul that you would be sorry and try to make it up to him for the rest of forever. The forever you were supposed to spend with him officially starting next week.

"Namjoon, listen to me!"

He was so involved with planning the wedding that he hardly left you anything to do except for sign the certificate two days before the event. He was probably more excited than you were about the planning, the actual ceremony and everything, but you really didn't mind. You were excited that he was excited. You were finally so close to spending the rest of your life to waking up to his smile and bright dark eyes every morning, and...

"I told you this because I needed to be honest, not so you could leave!"

...spending the rest of your life with this ethereal human being who you hoped for your future children to inherit their intelligence from, and...

"We can work this out!"

...spending the rest of your life being protected from all of the harms in the world when Namjoon would simply lay his eyes upon you...

"Stop! Namjoon, I need you!"

You pressed your body between Namjoon and the front door as he was reaching to open it. He stood there frozen and you were surprised that he finally made eye contact with you.

"I need you." You said again. He was still standing there and you felt like he was going to listen, so you said it again, fresh tears accompanying the words spilling from your lips.

Namjoon dropped both of his bags and stared down at you, pushing his circle-framed specs up the bridge of his nose.

"I needed to tell you the truth. I hope I at least get credit for doing that much."

"Does telling the truth make the situation any better than what you did at all?" He finally spoke.

"No," you shook your head. "But, it's a start. I'm sorry, Namjoon. Don't go. Can we talk about this? Please."

"Y/n...you slept with your ex the night after I proposed to you and held onto that for almost an entire year. I'm supposed to be marrying you next week. Next week! You cheated on me. There's nothing we can talk about or that you can say that can fix this." He shook his head.